Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Just Got Banned
        Greetings,
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): I was just banned for SMP Survival 

Minecraft name: My username is MixingIt

Reason for your ban: Griefing /or theft

Who banned you: Geckorian

Why should you be unbanned: Okay, this will be fully out of my heart and what I believe I did and saw, I was playing with a couple of users, but out of the ordinary, Geckorian but started accusing me of every little thing I did. I told him later that day to stop complaining because my fellow friends told me that I was fine if I built at their base. There could be another reason of what I did, I went to the adopt warp to pick up a parrot, and I broke a block to see who owned it, but it allowed me to break it so no one owned it so I didn't know where to adopt. The player who was the owner of that warp forgave me and I gave her 20 in-game dollars for what I did. Also, I might have been a theft for taking 3 skulls from a person 1 year ago though I have no clue why I didn't get banned then because the person I gave the heads back said he was glad I was honest with him. In conclusion, I believe I should be unbanned because I had no warning over my "griefing" and "theft" and I promise I will not do this ever again.

Why do you want to come back: I would like to come back because I actually started a friendship with many people on this server, and I'd hope that I could play with them again.

4. Do not put a poll on your appeal: the process of you becoming unbanned is not democratic, nor is it by popular demand. A poll will only serve to hurt your ban appeal.

https://hometownmc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=3
"There are two things infinite; the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein

(01-04-2018, 01:24 AM)Nitro2 Wrote: 4. Do not put a poll on your appeal: the process of you becoming unbanned is not democratic, nor is it by popular demand. A poll will only serve to hurt your ban appeal.

https://hometownmc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=3

Ah yes, sorry I forgot after reading it, though thanks for reminding me. I won't do it next time.

(01-03-2018, 10:29 PM)Mixingit Wrote: Greetings,

Why should you be unbanned: Okay, this will be fully out of my heart and what I believe I did and saw, I was playing with a couple of users, but out of the ordinary, Geckorian but started accusing me of every little thing I did. I told him later that day to stop complaining because my fellow friends told me that I was fine if I built at their base. There could be another reason of what I did, I went to the adopt warp to pick up a parrot, and I broke a block to see who owned it, but it allowed me to break it so no one owned it so I didn't know where to adopt. The player who was the owner of that warp forgave me and I gave her 20 in-game dollars for what I did. Also, I might have been a theft for taking 3 skulls from a person 1 year ago though I have no clue why I didn't get banned then because the person I gave the heads back said he was glad I was honest with him. In conclusion, I believe I should be unbanned because I had no warning over my "griefing" and "theft" and I promise I will not do this ever again.

Why do you want to come back: I would like to come back because I actually started a friendship with many people on this server, and I'd hope that I could play with them again.

Let's address the last issue first: You say you had no warning, however:
[15:40:10] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] Geckorian >> MixingIt, You have been warned several times now in the last hour about changing other people's builds. Next time you do so it is a ban.

Next: Yes for me the final issue was taking heads from a shop and waiting over a year to say anything then seemingly refusing to answer me when I asked if you had taken anything else. Given that the head theft was over a year ago and you did give them back, had you not been causing issue earlier, I might have let you off with a warning. However the fact that you would not answer me when I asked if there was anything more you took, then quickly logged off after I repeated the question, let me to believe you possibly did have more stolen goods and did not want to return them.

Now let us go to the beginning of the troubles from my point of view. I was alerted to a problem when I saw this:
[15:06:02] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] Samrob96 >> mixing it did you claim my ouse?
[15:06:08] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Guest] MixingIt >> ?
[15:06:12] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Guest] MixingIt >> i dont know how to claim
[15:06:16] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] Samrob96 >> *house
[15:06:30] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Veteran] NitroBot >> You can check for claims with sticks
[15:06:31] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Teleporting to [Rookie] Samrob96.
[15:06:32] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Guest] MixingIt >> hmm
[15:06:33] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] That block has been claimed by MixingIt.
[15:06:36] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] Samrob96 >> it says i cant claim or build anymore
[15:06:38] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] FatherTime >> yes he did
Note at this time I still had on my "FatherTime" nickname.
[15:06:54] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] FatherTime >> MixingIt unclaim it now
To which you did, and I let you know:
[15:07:37] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Guest] MixingIt >> you now have 756 available claims blocks
[15:08:00] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] FatherTime >> don't claim anything you didn't build or it's banable
Your reply:
[15:08:04] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Guest] MixingIt >> geck
[15:08:07] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Guest] MixingIt >> i dont claim it
[15:08:25] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] FatherTime >> clearly you did and then abandoned it because I watched the claim data
though you can clearly see in the logs that it was claimed by you and I was floating over you with the claim highlighted when you abandoned the claim. I then asked samrob96 about this:
[15:09:08] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> [Rookie] Samrob96] Is MixingIt building this with you? or causing a problem?
[15:09:40] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[Rookie] Samrob96 -> me] no hes not supposed to be. i think they're just confused idk
I was willing then to accept that you were indeed confused and told you the following:
[15:10:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] FatherTime >> MixingIt, I recomend you do /rules and read them. I just watched you break a build someone is working on.
After this, I hovered for a bit to ensure there would be no more issues. It wasn't long until I watched you go a few blocks up the road and claim another area. I watched as you failed to claim it the first time because you tried too small an area then did it a second time with success. That is when I posted this:
[15:12:04] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] FatherTime >> MixingIt! why did you just claim that area?
You seemed to ignore me but after repeating myself, you said you were talking to your brother and I assumed you missed it so I repeated.
[15:13:05] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] FatherTime >> why did you just claim this area of their town?
[15:13:11] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Guest] MixingIt >> where
[15:13:19] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Request sent to [Guest] MixingIt.
[15:13:22] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Guest] MixingIt accepted your teleport request.
[15:13:22] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Teleporting...
[15:13:31] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Guest] MixingIt >> so i can make a house here?
[15:13:54] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] FatherTime >> I just watched you use your golden shovel on this area and claim it. Did you have permission to build here?
[15:14:17] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Guest] MixingIt >> well i havent built here yet so want me to unclaim
[15:14:43] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] FatherTime >> you cannot claim an area within 100 blocks of someone else's build unless they give permission
[15:14:51] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Guest] MixingIt >> ok
[15:14:52] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] FatherTime >> please abandon the claim
you did so and I send this:
[15:15:54] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] FatherTime >> I also advise you again, MixingIt to read /rules
[15:16:03] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Guest] MixingIt >> okay

After this I returned to my own build but was alerted to you name again when I saw the discussion about you breaking a block to find out who owned warp adopt. This after you said you would read the rules. I did not interfere in that situation because you and the own came to agreeable terms and the matter was closed. Later, as I was helping Ginga restock warp emo you came forward with head stolen from that shop, claiming it was over a year ago. (see above).

Now, I have no problem with letting the Admins unban you. We don't like to have people banned. But we also don't want to have to babysit people who are not going to follow the rules. So I would like to propose this: I recommend that you be unbanned, for all that happened that day, most of it seemed to be resolved in game, with the exception of your ability to comprehend the server rules. But, you should be made to go through the tutorial again and read through the /rules and the rules on this forum: https://hometownmc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=13.

My only caveat is what appears to be either a lie or a misremembering:
I told him later that day to stop complaining because my fellow friends told me that I was fine if I built at their base.
I have gone through all my logs of that day and have found no such postings, nor did I find any posting where Samrob96 every said you were allowed to be there. I admit I do not recall the other player that was there and I invite them to post on this ban appeal if they have anything to add.

Bottom line: you will be unbanned if Admins agree.
Just enough of a Bastard to be worth liking.

I agree with what geck said. You will be unbanned, but maybe familiarize yourself with the rules.

(01-04-2018, 07:52 AM)Geckorian Wrote:
(01-03-2018, 10:29 PM)Mixingit Wrote: Greetings,

Let's address the last issue first: You say you had no warning, however:
[15:40:10] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] Geckorian >> MixingIt, You have been warned several times now in the last hour about changing other people's builds. Next time you do so it is a ban.

Next: Yes for me the final issue was taking heads from a shop and waiting over a year to say anything then seemingly refusing to answer me when I asked if you had taken anything else. Given that the head theft was over a year ago and you did give them back, had you not been causing issue earlier, I might have let you off with a warning. However the fact that you would not answer me when I asked if there was anything more you took, then quickly logged off after I repeated the question, let me to believe you possibly did have more stolen goods and did not want to return them.

Now let us go to the beginning of the troubles from my point of view. I was alerted to a problem when I saw this:
[15:06:02] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] Samrob96 >> mixing it did you claim my ouse?
[15:06:08] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Guest] MixingIt >> ?
[15:06:12] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Guest] MixingIt >> i dont know how to claim
[15:06:16] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] Samrob96 >> *house
[15:06:30] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Veteran] NitroBot >> You can check for claims with sticks
[15:06:31] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Teleporting to [Rookie] Samrob96.
[15:06:32] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Guest] MixingIt >> hmm
[15:06:33] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] That block has been claimed by MixingIt.
[15:06:36] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] Samrob96 >> it says i cant claim or build anymore
[15:06:38] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] FatherTime >> yes he did
Note at this time I still had on my "FatherTime" nickname.
[15:06:54] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] FatherTime >> MixingIt unclaim it now
To which you did, and I let you know:
[15:07:37] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Guest] MixingIt >> you now have 756 available claims blocks
[15:08:00] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] FatherTime >> don't claim anything you didn't build or it's banable
Your reply:
[15:08:04] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Guest] MixingIt >> geck
[15:08:07] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Guest] MixingIt >> i dont claim it
[15:08:25] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] FatherTime >> clearly you did and then abandoned it because I watched the claim data
though you can clearly see in the logs that it was claimed by you and I was floating over you with the claim highlighted when you abandoned the claim. I then asked samrob96 about this:
[15:09:08] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> [Rookie] Samrob96] Is MixingIt building this with you? or causing a problem?
[15:09:40] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[Rookie] Samrob96 -> me] no hes not supposed to be. i think they're just confused idk
I was willing then to accept that you were indeed confused and told you the following:
[15:10:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] FatherTime >> MixingIt, I recomend you do /rules and read them. I just watched you break a build someone is working on.
After this, I hovered for a bit to ensure there would be no more issues. It wasn't long until I watched you go a few blocks up the road and claim another area. I watched as you failed to claim it the first time because you tried too small an area then did it a second time with success. That is when I posted this:
[15:12:04] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] FatherTime >> MixingIt! why did you just claim that area?
You seemed to ignore me but after repeating myself, you said you were talking to your brother and I assumed you missed it so I repeated.
[15:13:05] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] FatherTime >> why did you just claim this area of their town?
[15:13:11] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Guest] MixingIt >> where
[15:13:19] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Request sent to [Guest] MixingIt.
[15:13:22] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Guest] MixingIt accepted your teleport request.
[15:13:22] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Teleporting...
[15:13:31] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Guest] MixingIt >> so i can make a house here?
[15:13:54] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] FatherTime >> I just watched you use your golden shovel on this area and claim it. Did you have permission to build here?
[15:14:17] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Guest] MixingIt >> well i havent built here yet so want me to unclaim
[15:14:43] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] FatherTime >> you cannot claim an area within 100 blocks of someone else's build unless they give permission
[15:14:51] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Guest] MixingIt >> ok
[15:14:52] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] FatherTime >> please abandon the claim
you did so and I send this:
[15:15:54] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] FatherTime >> I also advise you again, MixingIt to read /rules
[15:16:03] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Guest] MixingIt >> okay

After this I returned to my own build but was alerted to you name again when I saw the discussion about you breaking a block to find out who owned warp adopt. This after you said you would read the rules. I did not interfere in that situation because you and the own came to agreeable terms and the matter was closed. Later, as I was helping Ginga restock warp emo you came forward with head stolen from that shop, claiming it was over a year ago. (see above).

Now, I have no problem with letting the Admins unban you. We don't like to have people banned. But we also don't want to have to babysit people who are not going to follow the rules. So I would like to propose this: I recommend that you be unbanned, for all that happened that day, most of it seemed to be resolved in game, with the exception of your ability to comprehend the server rules. But, you should be made to go through the tutorial again and read through the /rules and the rules on this forum: https://hometownmc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=13.

My only caveat is what appears to be either a lie or a misremembering:
I told him later that day to stop complaining because my fellow friends told me that I was fine if I built at their base.
I have gone through all my logs of that day and have found no such postings, nor did I find any posting where Samrob96 every said you were allowed to be there. I admit I do not recall the other player that was there and I invite them to post on this ban appeal if they have anything to add.

Bottom line: you will be unbanned if Admins agree.
Yes I agree I did claim that and I was lying, though the reason I left was because I had a friend waiting for me to go to the mall with him and since I'm young I do not always have enough time to play because my mom's computer is the only one that works with Minecraft. Also, I personally do not own a computer only an Xbox so I cannot always play. But I do understand that it was suspicious for me to leave like that