• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Welp I Digity Darn Fudged Up
Tongue 
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord):I was Perma-Banned on the smp server.
Minecraft name:My in-game name is JayFee.
Reason for your ban:The reason for my ban was using x-ray (im a noob ._.)
Who banned you: It has been 2 days and Star banned me.
Why should you be unbanned:I feel that I should be unbanned because truly I understand I fudged up. I should have just did the mining I needed to do. So, I will willingly be punished. I thought a good punishment would be to take away any ores / ingots that I have possession of. I don't have any way to counter argument the fact that I xrayed. I did it, I shouldn't have, I understand. which is why it is deleted. (I'll link it at the end.)   
[b]Why do you want to come back:[/b] I want to comeback because I really like this server. It is soooo hard to find a survival / smp server good like this one. People are trustworthy, willing to help, and very generous. I also understand that appeals for xray are accepted RARELY. But I obviously like the server enough to write an appeal for it. 

(p.s if this appeal isn't accepted, thats fine. I am not gonna pitch a big fit about it. Besides even if it's not appealed, I did xray so Tongue)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/4...roof_1.PNG
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/4...proof2.PNG

Before we address the xray, I've been told by multiple people that you've been disrespectful, rude, and have griefed people on the server. Have you a response to that?
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!

Yes, I do, all those things I will take responsibility for. Now the disrespect  and being rude, I have problems  with that like IRL. I'm trying to work on that stuff IRL. If I ever was rude to somebody, I may not have noticed or even thought about it. So tell me the people who think I was mean / rude to them, I'll apologize personally. (p.s I am on my phone doing this so sorry if there is something miss typed.)

All I've been told is that you left a sign for a player where you pretended to be frost and deny a request they made, and you've been exceedingly rude in discord voice.

(01-22-2018, 08:24 PM)Star Wrote: All I've been told is that you left a sign for a player where you pretended to be frost and deny a request they made, and you've been exceedingly rude in discord voice.

Yes, I know. The player I did that to was moist. It was supposed to be a joke. In discord, that is just me being a raging noob during bed wars. If you want to ban me from discord go ahead. No problem. But I just really wanna be able to play on the server.

No, I don't want to ban you from discord, I just wanted to clear that up so if you're unbanned it'll already be addressed and taken care of, so it shouldn't cause further issues. As for the x-ray, please answer the following questions with a paragraph each. If you answer each sufficiently, I'll unban you, however I'll have to reset your balance to $0 (the diamond items were already removed and destroyed, so you're all set there).

-Why is x-raying bad?
-How does it hurt the community?
-What are you doing to take away from this ban/what have you learned?

(01-23-2018, 08:45 AM)Star Wrote: No, I don't want to ban you from discord, I just wanted to clear that up so if you're unbanned it'll already be addressed and taken care of, so it shouldn't cause further issues. As for the x-ray, please answer the following questions with a paragraph each. If you answer each sufficiently, I'll unban you, however I'll have to reset your balance to $0 (the diamond items were already removed and destroyed, so you're all set there).

-Why is x-raying bad?
-How does it hurt the community?
-What are you doing to take away from this ban/what have you learned?

Alright, I agree with your punishment. 

Why Is Xraying Bad?
X raying is bad for many reasons. But The main thing is it gives the player using it the advantage  of knowing exactly where any ore is. Also, it is unfair to everybody else that it took 1 hour to find 10 diamonds compared to  5 diamonds a minute. Also since the grind is not as hard, people typically won't stay on the server as long as they would without x-ray. 

How Does It Hurt The Community?
XRaying hurts the community because if people were to mine a bunch of ores like diamonds, and decides they want to sell them at a shop, it creates a big influx in the community. (Specifically Economy) This hurts the economy because people will be wrongfully losing their hometown money, because when staff figures out they have the diamonds now, they're gonna take it from them and lose their money. So overall, it might help one person with xray but eventually it helps nobody. Which in the long run is bad news for everybody.

What Are You Doing To Take Away  From This Ban /What Have You Learned?
To take away from this ban, I have deleted the resource pack that I used to XRay, and I won't be as selfish next time.I have learned that there are no shortcuts in mining because of all the things that can affect the community when XRaying. I have also learned that xraying is an extremely wrong practice in the minecraft community. To add-on to the fact that there are no shortcuts in mining, there also seems to be more joy when you go strip mining with your friends and having fun rather then just finding the ores you want immediately.

Okay, your appeal's been accepted, and you've been unbanned by the time this is posted. Welcome back to HomeTown.