• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): Smp

Minecraft name: Eru_Turin

Reason for your ban: I was exploring a strange fortress in the nether and found some beacons there, never seen these things before, figured they were part of the fortress, so I took them out of the nether. Then a mod tped me back and asked me where they were. I told them the honest truth and they instantly banned me. I'm very new to the game so I honestly didn't know I had done something wrong. 

Who banned you: Rayvenz

Why should you be unbanned: I feel like this was just a simple accident. 

Why do you want to come back: I've really enjoyed building a base on the server, and had my first experiences with the game there. I'd also like to correct my mistake. I'm also not sure if I'm quoting the right server name btw.

https://imgur.com/a/9JbpM

Hello Eru_Turin, You griefed three beacons and their bases along with griefing the floor of a wither farm built into a nether fortress.
Quote:I was exploring a strange fortress in the nether and found some beacons there, never seen these things before, figured they were part of the fortress, so I took them out of the nether. 
This is your excuse, and giving you benefit of the doubt. Regardless of if this was your first time to the nether and you honestly did not know that stone slabs, stained glass, and beacons don't naturally spawn in the nether. 
You should have asked in global chat first before deciding to steal them from the user who rightfully owns the area.
If you had asked around you would have been given the answer to if they were ok to take or not. 

Generally if you arent sure of something, you shouldn't act before getting an answer.

Quote:Then a mod tped me back and asked me where they were. I told them the honest truth and they instantly banned me. I'm very new to the game so I honestly didn't know I had done something wrong. 
Yes this is true, because you broke server rules and did nearly 900 blocks of damage to another users area- this is not a minor offence and all who do such damage must appeal.

Since your argument is only that you didn't know, I will accept your appeal on the condition that this doesn't happen again, you ask before taking something you arent sure naturally generated, and return any left over griefed items to staff upon returning.

If you can agree to this you will be unbanned.
[Image: IqEDa8l.png][Image: IgRwvbV.gif]

A wither farm eh? I had no idea nor do I know what that is. Just thought it was part of the game. Yeah, I'll take your advice and ask about things like this in future, honestly didn't know what I was looking at. I heard about fortresses being something you could find in game, figured this was it.  

This won't happen again, I'll take the time figure out what things are by asking people in future.

Shouldn't there have been a land claim there though? Anyway I'm sorry about my rookie mistake. When I looked up how a beacon was made just now I realised how big an error this was XD

You have been unbanned. Thank you for your honest responses, welcome back to the server.
[Image: IqEDa8l.png][Image: IgRwvbV.gif]

(02-03-2018, 06:52 AM)Rayvenz Wrote: You have been unbanned. Thank you for your honest responses, welcome back to the server.

Thanks!