Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal SirLemonade
Code:
[b]Server you were banned on (SMP):[/b] smp.hometownmc.com

[b]Minecraft name:[/b] SirLemonade

[b]Reason for your ban:[/b] "Theft: find a new server"

[b]Who banned you:[/b] Grimm_Wolfe

[b]Why should you be unbanned:[/b] I joined the server, read all the signs, looked at the protections information etc etc, after that i started to use /random alot because i could not find a good spot that wasnt already found. while doing this i decided to look at a town.
when i came to a farm from someone i found that i could look in a chest, and i pressed the potatoes in there, seeing i could take potatoes using the take half button i wanted to take 25 potatoes, but i immediatly put them back, and asked if stealing was allowed on the server.
this was answered by a No from 3 players,

so i kept on using /random until i came to a spot i wanted, killing cows i came by a player called Grimm_Wolfe, he asked me if i had food so i gave him 3 of my baked potatoes that i had gained from spawning on the server ( like 16 baked potatoes and 16 wood? )
when Grimm  gained these BAKED potatoes he jailed me for stealing UNBAKED potatoes which are not even missing from the chest i supposedly had stolen them from! i had no stolen items in my inventory.

i wouldnt even had enough time to have baked these so called stolen potatoes so i am very surprised Grimm jailed, and after trying to explain myself to him, with no answer, even banned me for no good reason but being probably annoyed by me which i understand. but to jail a new player without even checking or knowing what has happend and not even having that so called stolen item on them is just plain rude and unfair. i just wanted to play on a good survival server and then some admin decides i steal because i tried but did not take potatoes not because i even needed them but just because i am new and still figuring the server and its rules out.

also besides not being allowed to grief i did not see a dont steal sign anywhere.. henche having to ask it.
i was shocked by this admins behaviour and i hope he will be more carefull checking players in the future, i would not wish anyone the treatment i have received for just looking in someones chest..
and asking the rules again like a good player.
no hard feelings though Grimm_Wolfe, you're just doing your job, probably pretty good. but it felt very unfair so i just had to appeal.

[b]Why do you want to come back:[/b] From what i could see on the server for the brief time i was on it, it was a very good server with good rules and the perfect way to stop griefing. i like the p stones idea. and the atmosphere was nice. its hard to find good survival servers so i was very happy to have found one. So i would like to be unbanned so i can actually start to play on the server.
and i will never look into someone elses chest or some admin will probably falsely accuse me again. i would love to have a second chance even though i didnt do anything wrong.. i hope you will consider it. ps: LOVED the tutorial ( "Le doghouse xD ")
My sincere apologies to Grimm_Wolfe for calling him a sucky admin, i was very angry for being falsely accused.

For starters, this issue has been resolved–no further staff input will be required.

I made a mistake, and the totality of the circumstances led this situation down a rather unfortunate path leading to SirLemonade being wrongfully banned, which I take full responsibility for and I formally apologize.

SirLemonde inquired about rules regarding theft on the server, and I decided to give a brief investigation that turned up that SirLemonade had taken 25 potatoes from a chest that was evidently not theirs via CoreProtect.  During the time SirLemonade was put into a holding cell pending further investigation, I was asked irl to help unload a few groceries and ended up having to chat with a relative for a brief moment.  Upon return, I saw SirLemonade's comment about my aptitude as a staff-member being brought into question and I lost my patience.  I banned the account.

I decided to give some credence into SirLemonade's claims about putting the potatoes in question back even though CoreProtect detected solely a removal.  Upon teleporting to the chest's location, I realized there was a hopper attached to it.  When I looked into the chest there were 49 potatoes present, which–when right-clicked–produced a stack of 25 potatoes.  The same amount "stolen".  I realized that SirLemonade had returned the potatoes via the hopper rather than the chest itself.  I unbanned and unjailed the account, and gave SirLemonade an apology for my hasty actions in-game.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

(02-21-2016, 12:05 AM)Grimm_Wolfe Wrote: For starters, this issue has been resolved–no further staff input will be required.

I made a mistake, and the totality of the circumstances led this situation down a rather unfortunate path leading to SirLemonade being wrongfully banned, which I take full responsibility for and I formally apologize.

SirLemonde inquired about rules regarding theft on the server, and I decided to give a brief investigation that turned up that SirLemonade had taken 25 potatoes from a chest that was evidently not theirs via CoreProtect.  During the time SirLemonade was put into a holding cell pending further investigation, I was asked irl to help unload a few groceries and ended up having to chat with a relative for a brief moment.  Upon return, I saw SirLemonade's comment about my aptitude as a staff-member being brought into question and I lost my patience.  I banned the account.

I decided to give some credence into SirLemonade's claims about putting the potatoes in question back even though CoreProtect detected solely a removal.  Upon teleporting to the chest's location, I realized there was a hopper attached to it.  When I looked into the chest there were 49 potatoes present, which–when right-clicked–produced a stack of 25 potatoes.  The same amount "stolen".  I realized that SirLemonade had returned the potatoes via the hopper rather than the chest itself.  I unbanned and unjailed the account, and gave SirLemonade an apology for my hasty actions in-game.

Thanks for understanding
And i am glad you fairly investigated the matter and unbanned/unjailed me even though you hadn't even read my appeal!
You are a good admin Smile