• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Enough Done
I find some of the time the mods,admins,etc to be at times corrupt, not giving a  good answer to the questing being ask for example just today I ask a question and got because bro. Also most of the times I have to ask more than one person for help and sometimes twice from the same person only for me to end up most of the time doing it myself.  There for I call for a change in how this server is manged by these people. Either they change or you find new people to replace them.

The staff was all just joking around over something on the discord server and some people may have missed the joke if they weren't on discord at the time. Over the past few weeks I have seen several of the the staff in chat helping you bro and they are there when I need help too bro.

I feel like you're quite biased here. I've been here and I've seen you in situations where you ask a question. Most times either a staff member or a player will give you an answer, and you for whatever reason seem to not be satisfied with the answer and ignore it. Even if your question is not always answered, we are only human. We may not always see a question asked in chat (with chat being so busy most of the time) and we are also allowed to joke around with other server members.

I know that multiple times you have called out claiming you've been griefed or claiming you have issues. I myself have helped you a number of times. I also know that on multiple occasions, some staff members have tried to help when you claimed there was grief, however there ended up being none. The problem at hand was very often hard to understand. I suggest that in the future you help us through your issue when we are unable to understand rather than making a rather unwarranted accusation.
[Image: g2NnfopJTvWZE_YwIlgVCA.png]

I too have been requested by you on multiple occasions to address grief that turned out to either by blocks added/removed by you or find that there are no logs whatsoever concerning the issue at hand. If we find grief to be just that (blocks added/removed by a player who did not have permission to do so), we are more that willing to attempt to restore the area in question. These are often a simple fix.

However, in some occasions, we will get called by a player to assist in a problem that has no quick solution or is more complicated than simple grief. In these instances, I advise patients as it may require a discussion among staff to resolve the issue. Not all staff can be on at the same time and the answer to a specific problem may lie in the experience of staff member who is not available at the time the issue arises.

That being said, there are times when the answer to an issue may not be the answer you were hoping for. If you are unsatisfied with the answer to a problem given to you by a lower staff member you may of course take it up with a higher ranking staff member. Many of the admins achieved that rank because of their ability to handle issue that arise on the server. Many of them have been admin for a while now and have experience that lower staff do not yet have and may have an answer to your issue lower staff would not know or not have the commands to deal with. But, also understand that sometimes the answer of a lower staff will be the same one given to you buy a higher staff member.

Understand that while we are staff members, we are also players, most of which had been players long before becoming staff. We are also human with all the faults and emotions that go along with that. So it can be frustrating to both player and staff members when staff is continuously called to handle issues that seem either not be issues or have no simple solutions.

It's unfortunate that you feel you have had bad interactions with staff. I would suggest that in the future you help us to help you better by making sure the issue at hand is a genuine problem that will require staff to resolve and not something that can be handled on your own. I would also suggest that when you feel the need to call upon staff to help with an issue that you be as clear on the problem as you can be and be prepared to explain what the issue is, how you would like staff to resolve it, and why the issue required staff intervention before calling staff. Having this information ready before calling upon staff with help the staff to help you more efficiently. But also be patient, many of out guardians and mods have only been so for less than a year now and still have much to learn about how best to server the community. I, myself, admit to not being familiar with all the commands at my disposal as some are used rarely (a prime, embarrassing, example was me almost killing two players the other day during a roll back gone wrong).

I thank you for your critique of your interactions with staff. I, personally accept it as such and work to better my ability to help the community. But also try to understand that we are also players who can be just a silly and playful as our players. The incident you spoke of above, concerning the "bro" thing was a on-going gag that culminated last night in a range of bizarre silliness including ranks being converted to "bro." I don't know who answered you in that manner but I doubt they were trying to offend or slight you, but rather simply continuing a goofy narrative that has been going on for days, much like the Derpnut incident.
Just enough of a Bastard to be worth liking.