• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Artmap Contest! BIG PRIZES!
Big Grin 
EDIT: I am postponing this competition until the end of June. A few people have asked to extend it due to activities and projects going on.

Hello everyone,

Today I'm excited to showcase a competition for anyone on the server willing to participate. This competition is something I've been wanting to hold, but never truly knew what the event was going to be. But today, with recent summer projects coming together, I figured I'd use this to my advantage.

I am starting an Artmap Contest! This competition will be open for anyone on the server that has access to artmap and wants to win some prizes! There are two different prizes for two different ideas. (Note: This competition is only available for VIP members, as they are the only players with access to artmap)

The first idea is for a 3x2 (3 wide, 2 tall) design showcasing the HomeTown logo. You can find the logo on the website, around the server, etc. The design can be of any fashion you desire, however I ask the colors remain the same as they have always been. If you need any ideas on colors, feel free to go to the spawn to get color ideas, or go to server-made builds to spark your curiosity.

The second idea is for a 1x1 (single) artmap design for my string of shops, Emo/Emporium. I'm looking for a simple, yet popping design that grabs players' attention when they see it. The design can be anything you can think up, but I ask the colors match Emporium's color schemes. 

The winners of each contest will be chosen by yours truly, and will receive these prizes:

HomeTown Logo Winner: Elytra w/Unbreaking III & Mending!

Emporium Logo Winner: Shulker Box w/random goodies!

This contest starts today, May 22th, and will end on June 1st! Any designs submitted after June 1st will not be accepted. If you are wanting to participate in this competition. All art designs must be placed at /warp EmoArt, where there is plenty of room for people to spread their work out. You do not have to make the art at the location, just when you're setting up your design. 

When setting up artmap designs, please keep these in mind:
  • You will need to bring your own Easels. 
  • You must keep 2-4 blocks distance between each others art.
  • you must have a sign with your full username on it so I know who's art it is.
Competitors must place a Book & Quill at the Artmap location so I can add you to a claim, so we can prevent any grief or foulplay from happening. (Note: This must be done before June 1st)

Good luck to everyone competing!
Big Grin The Official "Ginga" on the server Big Grin
Warps I own:
/warp Emporium
/warp Gingshop
/warp Rivertown
/warp minfo