Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ban Appeal (Griefing)
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: Oirchzalet

Reason for your ban: Griefing

Who banned you: derpedos

Why should you be unbanned: I wasn't aware that taking five iron blocks out of a half destroyed shop counted for a griefing ban. I was banned while I was putting them back in place. I didn't know that the griefing policy extended to abandoned buildings as well. I didn't mean to inconvenience anybody nor do harm.

Why do you want to come back: This is a very fun server, and I only got to spend 25 minutes on it before being banned. Only SMP server I've found that I've enjoyed so far. I'm upset to know that I now have a black mark on my profile not even an hour into playing on the server, allthewhile not aware to the extent that the rules applied. Hoping for forgiveness due to inexperience with rules in depth.

You didn't only grief "five blocks of iron" from a shop. You had hit multiple other buildings as you were wandering around. Additionally, when confronted about it you had said that you were poor, which is not a good excuse to grief. The server does not allow griefing of any kind, and had you really thought that abandoned buildings were free game it would have been smart to ask beforehand.
[Image: g2NnfopJTvWZE_YwIlgVCA.png]

I apologize for hitting the buildings. I admit that it wasn't in accordance with the server rules, and that I should have asked regarding the abandoned buildings. But, is there anything I can do so that my ban may be lifted? I really enjoy this server, and I don't want to be barred from using it based on an ignorant act.

If you are unbanned, please familiarize yourself with the rules and remember to ask other players when unsure in situations like these.
[Image: g2NnfopJTvWZE_YwIlgVCA.png]

I certainly will. I'll /rules as soon as I get back on and I'll be more cautious with situations I'm not clear on.

You've been unbanned, welcome back to HomeTown.
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!