Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Pr0tato - Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: Pr0tato

Reason for your ban: "xray"

Who banned you: LilDevilian

Why should you be unbanned: If I'm going to be honest, if I wasn't in the wrong, I would say I should be unbanned because I said so. But since I am in the wrong, I think should be unbanned because everyone deserves a second chance and if I was given the second chance, I would right my wrongs and wouldn't use x-ray again. I also would actually do more on the server and make an effort to help it instead of hurt its player base and in-game economy.

Why do you want to come back: I want to come back because I did make friends on the server that I actually like. That's honestly unlikely for me when I join any SMP servers because even if they are semi-vanilla, most of them don't have a community like this one. I actually like it here and I realize it was a mistake for me to use X-Ray. I also realize hat me admitting to using it doesn't help my case but if it makes any consolation, I didn't use any of the items that I got from using x-ray... I'm still fully sorry though for doing what I did. I would like to come back though and right my wrongs.

QUICK EDIT: Just a question, but did anything get rolled back after my ban. I'm curious because I was building an XP grinder from a zombie spawner that I found and I logged off in that (I think) when I logged off. (And while you probably won't believe me on this, I actually legitimately found the zombie spawner when I originally found that ravine-ish area).

If you wish to be allowed back onto the server you will need to answer the following questions thoroughly. We expect a paragraph long answer (minimum of 4 sentences) to each question before you are considered to be unban.

- Why is x-raying bad?

- How does x-raying affect other players?

- How does x-raying affect the server's economy?

- What have you learnt from this ban?
Just enough of a Bastard to be worth liking.

(04-10-2018, 05:06 AM)Geckorian Wrote: If you wish to be allowed back onto the server you will need to answer the following questions thoroughly. We expect a paragraph long answer (minimum of 4 sentences) to each question before you are considered to be unban.

- Why is x-raying bad?

- How does x-raying affect other players?

- How does x-raying affect the server's economy?

- What have you learnt from this ban?
1) X-raying is bad because it ruins the fun of the server and basically says about most people (not all) that they could give less of a sh*t about the rules. For others thought, it says that they just might use x-ray for the hell of it. And for even other others, it just means they were just stupid or forgot to the read the rules or something dumb. Overall, x-raying is bad because it just ruins the fun of the server for everyone and takes away oppurtunities for people to actually find the good stuff (like diamonds and emeralds and spawners, etc.).

2)X-raying affects other players because it affects their chances of finding what x-rayers find such as diamonds and spawners. It also affects how they play on the server because economy which is the next question. It affects how they will earn money on the server through things other than votes and how they will progress with tools and items in the game. It'll slow down their chances of progressing through the game aswell.

3) Ok... economy time. X-raying affects the server's economy because items such as diamonds and emeralds are used to sell for money and they also make a lot of money. I haven't looked into spawners or other mineables but I would assume you could sell spawners if you silktouch em. But the economy is based around the precious materials. People need these items to progress through the game and what not. If someone x-rays, that takes away from the economy because they are basically cheating the system and taking precious money that someone else could find away.

4) What I've learned from my ban is what one would learn from any x-ray ban. X-raying is not only wrong but it is not a good thing to do. It takes away from actual players from the server and ruins the server's economy. I have realized aswell from this ban that people will now see me in a different light if I do get unbanned and come back to the server. I also realized that it was dumb of me to use x-ray in the first place. I made a mistake and now I'm paying for the consequences.

Repeating the question btw, but did anything get rolled back after my ban. I'm curious because I was building an XP grinder from a zombie spawner that I found and I logged off in that (I think) when I logged off. (And while you probably won't believe me on this, I actually legitimately found the zombie spawner when I originally found that ravine-ish area). 
(YES, I copy and pasted what I said before again because I would still like to know the answer.)

Geck will unban you as soon as he can. To answer your question: . Nothing has been rolled back after your ban. However, your balance will be reset to 0 and you will have to hand in all your diamonds to a staffmember so that they can be destroyed.

Please keep in mind that if anything like this happens a second time, you might not get unbanned.
xo

You have been unbanned, welcome back to hometown.
xo