• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ban Appeal 04/12/18
Information 
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): smp.hometownmc.com  ---Minecraft Server

Minecraft name: TheBiohazardPro

Reason for your ban: X-Ray mining

Who banned you: Derpedos

Why should you be unbanned: I was new to the server and was just excited to build a base and get set up to play with my friends. I do understand that this was wrong and went against the rules and I am sorry that i was brought to do this. I do want to keep playing in your community and if I need to do something to prove this then I will. If you do un-ban me, feel free to make sure I am not continuing to x-ray, and also take away the materials which I have mined. Again I am sorry for breaking the rules, thank you. 

Why do you want to come back: Your server runs great and I enjoy the mechanics which you have in place. My friends started to play on this server which is what brought me here in the first place, and I was excited to play with them, so I wanted to get materials quickly to catch up to where they were. I do understand what I have done, but I hope I am able to come back so I can continue to enjoy your server. Thank you. 

(Questions which I noticed the other X-ray cheaters needed to answer below)

1. Why is xraying bad?
X-raying is first bad because it of course goes against the server rules. It removes the skill of the game and makes the game easier, making the player able to do more in a shorter time. By using x-rays, people are able to acquire more materials then one would normally be able to. It is unnecessary to utilize the cheats and it does ruin the game overall. 

2. How does xraying negatively affect other players?
It is unfair to other players because it lets you gain more than the average player would. The materials collected could also be used to trade with others players, allowing you to basically get rare materials for no real work. If players are close by, then you would also be stealing materials that they could have possibly found. It can also let you see the location of other players bases, which could possible interfere with their game play experience. 

3. How does xraying affect the servers economy?
First of all, as previously stated it could be used to falsely trade other players for items. It makes some players have more resources than others which is unfair to the server. Of course, players will feel as if they have been cheated because someone else was able to get rare gear in a false manner. Overall, the x-raying makes the economy fail and makes the game play unbalanced. 

4. What have you learnt from this ban?
I have of course realized not to do this again in the future. I won't try to go against the rules anymore, and have seen why my actions were bad. I regret having done it from the start and would be glad if I was accepted back into your community. I can see why what I have done was wrong, and offer my apologizes to the staff for breaking the rules. 

If Derp accepts your appeal you will be expected to hand over any diamonds you have and your in game balance will be set to 0.
Just enough of a Bastard to be worth liking.

(04-13-2018, 05:04 AM)Geckorian Wrote: If Derp accepts your appeal you will be expected to hand over any diamonds you have and your in game balance will be set to 0.

Of course. I can give him whatever he needs.

You have been unbanned