• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Giant Spiders???
Has anyone else seen these?

The other day I saw a regular sized spider, followed by a GIANT spider, maybe 6 or 8 times bigger. The giant would follow the regular spider around, but occasionally would fly up in the air and then slowly descend as though on a string of cobweb. Neither was aggressive, even when attacked, but I couldn't kill them. I even poured lava on them, and although they seemed to burn they didn't die.

I have never seen anything like that before, and haven't found any mention of giant spiders on the official wiki.

TEO

If it had really long legs etc. it was probably a /pet from a VIP if it didn't attack you and you couldn't do damage then that explains why Smile
- KatNip

Ah! And the other spider might have been the player in disguise. That makes sense, and explains why the large spider was following the smaller.

Thanks!

yeah, that wouldve been either hiyoko or rayz disguised as a spider, and using the /mpet plugin
[Image: g2NnfopJTvWZE_YwIlgVCA.png]

*hides* WASNT ME
[Image: IqEDa8l.png][Image: IgRwvbV.gif]

So technically Teo is a player killer? O.o
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

no as no one died
- KatNip

(04-30-2018, 10:44 PM)TheOnlyKat Wrote: no as no one died

This is just a cover up! Spread the word of the giant player-killing spiders before it's too late!!
[Image: P4HqY8y.png]

OK, this may be a stupid question, but could I have killed the player? I thought the no-PVP rule was enforced by a plug-in so players can't hurt each other.

TEO

(05-14-2018, 08:12 AM)TEO Wrote: OK, this may be a stupid question, but could I have killed the player? I thought the no-PVP rule was enforced by a plug-in so players can't hurt each other.

TEO

No. The giant spider isn't a player, it's a pet which you can't damage. The player was either hiyoko or rayz, who would have either been invisible or disguised. While disguised as a mob, players still can't take damage.
[Image: P4HqY8y.png]