• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP): Survival Multi-Player

Minecraft name: Kirk_1701

Reason for your ban: Something about "griefing"? I just remember placing signs and an argument with Grimm_Wolfe.  The property was someone i knew, who is cool with me being there, i placed a sign outside of it on the outskirts saying something about a expedition or something. I got banned when i was off the servers eating lunch.

Who banned you: I honestly forgot, it's been awhile, sorry. It might be Grimm_Wolfe because i remember a scrap with him.

Why should you be unbanned: Listen, looking back on my conduct on the servers at the time, i realize i talked down to people who were higher than me simply because i've been on longer or the same amount of time. I now realize that was and is wrong. I say, let bygones be bygones, i am a server veteran and i am well aware of the rules, despite the irony of me writing this ban appeal. Saying this, i promise to not be a smartass who pushes buttons again. At the time, i may have thought i was a person standing up for himself-when in reality, i was just a seasoned player who made admin's jobs harder than it should be. As for my dear friend Grimm_Wolfe: Listen, i get that you might get some enjoyment out of banning rulebreakers-because it's your job to do so. And until i'm a Detective, i won't try to tell you how to do your job anymore. Because as minor as it might have been (it was quite minor and harmless at that) it was still a violation of the rules, and when you told me to go about my business, i got an attitude with you like you were the problem. When it was me causing the trouble, even though by placing the sign, i truly did not mean to. 

Why do you want to come back: I run, or, ran, a memorial island chain, the whole thing was a memorial dedicated to the men and women of the military. 9/11, the U.S.S. Maine, World War 2, you name it. Even frostVINCENT's grandfather has a tombstone there. I've dedicated large amounts of time and effort to make such a project come to life. Well over 200 tombstones, all heroes. Chris Kyle, Dwight D. Eisenhower, Audie Murphy, John F. Kennedy, etc. More than anything else, i very much wish to continue building this monument to military service. It is very important to me as 14+ members of my family have honorably served in the U.S. Armed Forces, and i wish to do the same. Hometown was my first and only server and still is. What happened happened and it can't be changed, but, i can control my actions in the future. And that i will, and for the better. In other words, i'm sorry guys, and i hope you'll forgive 'ol Kirk and give me another chance. I won't screw up anymore.

Typing this with two fingers because the other fingers are numb because my hands are asleep for some reason,
[Player] Kirk_1701
Mayor, Lapis City
Commandant, HometownMC Naval Association 
Owner and Founder, HometownMC Military Memorial Park, est. August 2015
The Commodore

HomeTown Offense Report

Offender’s IGN: Kirk_1701

Victim’s IGN: Vilneas, Startgirl, Zanycat, Grimm_Wolfe, camerohamerhead <according to signage>

Offense: Griefing / Trespassing / Annoyance / Disrespect

Evidence: http://postimg.org/gallery/35e7yv67a/ff7d9016/

Timeline: <For the sake of arguing with you, I will exclude the first instance of griefing just to show how in the wrong you are.> After following Kirk following a previous altercation with him, Kirk continued the behavior I asked him to stop and placed a sign close to a build <Grief 1>. The build in question belonged to Vilneas and, when asked at the time, he responded that Kirk had no business being there. Then, via SocialSpy I noticed Kirk admitting to have griefed a submarine near to his build and I confirmed he did in fact alter the submarine <Grief 2.1>. The signs state as follows: Any modifications were made out of good intent and good will / NOTICE: Didn’t see the sign, not a griefer / No damage has been caused, any will be repaired <Grief 2.2>. Upon inspecting the submarine, the original builder–as suggested by Kirk’s sign–was a player by the name of camerohamerhead <Grief 2.3>.

Upon mentioning Kirk_1701 among other staff-members at the time, former [Admin] Zanycat and [Mod] Startgirl expressed previous issues they experienced with the player.

I proceeded to ban the account on grounds of trespassing and griefing.

Action Taken: Banned, allowed to appeal

Observations: For starters, I am not your friend and I would appreciate never being associated with you in such a manner in the future. Secondly, you managed to step on the toes of multiple staff-members with your actions, not just me, and I expected you to apologize to them all. Tertiary, I believe you know the rules–as you are a “seasoned veteran–but willfully ignoring them is not appreciated and in all honesty worse than being ignorant of them. There is no irony in you writing a ban appeal, you deserve to be here. I also do not care how minor you feel your offense was, it was still against the rules and you pushed limits too much. The only thing I feel you did right on why you should be unbanned was the fact you finally realized you shouldn’t have talked down to staff, after 3 months and being told multiple times to keep your behavior in check. Finally, there’s a reason you’re not a staff-member, and it was understood that you would listen to the staff-team, always.

I do not care how long you’ve been on this server and I do not care that 3 months have passed; if you want back, then you better make a better apology.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

I done made three different ban appeals, and i don't willfully disobey rules. On the matter of the submarine, i wasn't the only one to work on it, so i hope you realize that. Thirdly, I did NOT see the sign on the other side until it was too late, looking back, that is a shitty excuse because regardless of whether i saw the sign or not-i clearly did not make the submarine, so i was 100% in the wrong for that. In addition, once i saw the sign, the work was irreversable because i forgot what i modified specifically. I placed the signs in an attempt to clear up any confusion. I'm sorry about that to be honest.

Fourth, saying that it was three months ago, i cannot apologize to everyone because i forgot the usernames, however, now that you have provided them to me-camerohammerhead, Vilneas, Startgirl, and Zanycat, i'm sorry for whatever actions i might have taken against you, whatever they might have been, (because i honestly don't know who Startgirl is, Zany sounds familiar but i can't think of anything that i might have done with 'em.)

Listen, guy like me, it takes alot for me to suck up my pride and apologize. I'm here trying to set that pride aside and fix what I've done. My work on my island means alot to me. I AM sincerely sorry for any grief, annoyance, disrespect, and other things i have done. I realize that my attitude has taken me absolutely nowhere but on this thread for my ban appeal.  The only thing i did right, was conjure up a method of how to get banned and act like an asshat to the staff. And i was an asshat to the staff, i was in the wrong and i realize that. I am sorry for all i've done, and i'm ready to come back and start acting like a proper servermember. Thank you for your time, and i hope you consider this and allow me to give life on this great server another chance. Thanks bunches folks-I promise to behave. You have my word.  Sad

-Kirk_1701
Mayor, Lapis City
Owner and Founder, HometownMC Military Memorial Park
Commandant, HometownMC Naval Association
The Commodore

(02-27-2016, 08:24 AM)Kirk_1701 Wrote: I say, let bygones be bygones, i am a server veteran and i am well aware of the rules

(02-28-2016, 06:05 AM)Kirk_1701 Wrote: I done made three different ban appeals, and i don't willfully disobey rules. On the matter of the submarine, i wasn't the only one to work on it, so i hope you realize that.

Look, you either know the rules or you don't know them, which means you have either willfully disregarded them or you're ignorant of them.  You claim to know the rules, which means you chose to disregard them.  The fact you're arguing that you do not disregard the rules is a contradiction in your apology; you cannot claim to both know the rules and not having had disregarded them since we're here on this appeal.

I do not care if this is the 3rd appeal you've made, we'll got to 100 if we have to.  Every appeal and apology you have put forth so far has been either lip-service, flippant, self-righteous, mildly condescending, or contradictory.

I also do not care who else has worked on the submarine because YOU are the only person I have evidence on having griefed it and admitting to it.  I know all the people who have been working on that submarine; but it's not what I know, it's what I can prove.

How about instead of putting an argument into your apology for me to pick apart, you just make an apology?  That is honestly all I have asked of you since I have banned you.  You yourself are the only reason you're not unbanned right now, because you cannot even realize that you're doing the exact same thing that got you banned in the first place right now.  You are trying to tell me–as you have other staff-members–how to do their jobs, and you have done nothing but sit here bickering with me as to why you should be unbanned instead of making a simple apology.  How hard is that for you?

HomeTown Rulebook

I have never met someone so difficult.

How hard is it for you to realize i AM apologizing to you, and i am kissing your feet right about now? I am tired of every attempt i make at fixing something being shot down! I literally just said how i won't tell you how to do your jobs! I apologized to everyone! Even staff!

I covered all the topics, all you are doing is beating a dead horse. I told you i would change my behavior, i said i was truly sorry, and i apologized to all, and i said i was wrong for everything i did on the server. And all of it was sincere, and you cannot seem to fathom that, why? I'll never know. But i do know that i'm at my wits end right about now because nothing seems to be working with you. I AM SORRY. I never gave lip service anywhere on this god forsaken thread, or anything else bad. I said i was follow the rules and behave. You can either take my apologies, or continue to reject them.

-you already know who i am

I have seen people with x-raying, racial slurs, serious grief, and other offenses get much more fairly treated on this forum. And yet here i am giving you arm and leg, and catching heat still, for something 3 months ago that i sincerely apologized for five times. There's no other way to put it.
The Commodore

Just saying, but you kind of are arguing. I mean instead of just saying "you're right, I'm sorry" you write paragraphs arguing about how you're sorry lol. That's the sort of argumentative behavior that you need to change. Your constant disrespect not just towards staff but towards other players was  not fun to deal with in the slightest, and I can still see that everywhere in this appeal. You should probably reflect on what I'm saying and maybe re-read what you've written yourself, and decide on what to do. Then after that, you might want to try again on a new appeal.

If you want examples, things like "As for my dear friend Grimm_Wolfe: Listen, i get that you might get some enjoyment out of banning rulebreakers-because it's your job to do so." are pretty good ones.
[Image: tumblr_nfz4m14xkj1toipevo1_400.gif]

(02-29-2016, 01:07 AM)Grimm_Wolfe Wrote: How about instead of putting an argument into your apology for me to pick apart, you just make an apology? 

(02-29-2016, 01:11 AM)Kirk_1701 Wrote: I have never met someone so difficult.

How hard is it for you to realize i AM apologizing to you, and i am kissing your feet right about now? I am tired of every attempt i make at fixing something being shot down! I literally just said how i won't tell you how to do your jobs! I apologized to everyone! Even staff!

I covered all the topics, all you are doing is beating a dead horse. I told you i would change my behavior, i said i was truly sorry, and i apologized to all, and i said i was wrong for everything i did on the server. And all of it was sincere, and you cannot seem to fathom that, why? I'll never know. But i do know that i'm at my wits end right about now because nothing seems to be working with you. I AM SORRY. I never gave lip service anywhere on this god forsaken thread, or anything else bad. I said i was follow the rules and behave. You can either take my apologies, or continue to reject them.

-you already know who i am

I have seen people with x-raying, racial slurs, serious grief, and other offenses get much more fairly treated on this forum. And yet here i am giving you arm and leg, and catching heat still, for something 3 months ago that i sincerely apologized for five times. There's no other way to put it.

Appeal denied.  You have one last chance or you're gone for good.  Good luck, have fun; locking thread.  Have a great week~

P.S.: In your next appeal, you better watch what you say to me, because all that you've said here–on this thread–can and will be used against you in the event an unsavory discrepancy is found in your appeal.  When I say, "just make an apology", there is no room to mistake that request for anything less or more.

HomeTown Rulebook