• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Music Thread
Check out Hometown Music on spotify!

[Image: pFHX1iD.png]

So y'all,

I'm gonna talk about / post links to songs which I love. I encourage you all to do the same, too. I will give anything a listen!

First up on the list is from a band called Black Light Discipline! BLD is a Finnish band who combine elements of Industrial, Rock, Metal, and Dance music. (Disclaimer: "Metal" doesn't mean screaming. In fact, they don't use any harsh vocals.) Their most recent song, Deadlight, was released in January this year and combines some awesome synths and EDM beats with guitar chugging and a memorable vocal line.
[Image: P4HqY8y.png]

Well ahem...
First of all I have found other music which I enjoy which isn't twenty one pilots Smile
          Panic! at the disco - I really like their song The Vegas Lights which is the 'alternative' genre I also really like their newest song Say Amen which was released last month.
          Gnash - I really love his music because it really just stands out to me. You may have heard of him before as he wrote the song 'I hate u, I love u' I really like his song closure and Tell me its okay.  He also released a new song called the broken hearts club
          AJR - Their music is really cool as they use EDM (Electronic Dance Music) incorporated with their lyrics. Also when writing their songs they come up with all the music first and then add lyrics. They recently released burn the house down  and a few of my favourites are come hang out, netflix trip, thirty-three.
- KatNip

(05-13-2018, 02:52 PM)TheOnlyKat Wrote: I really like their song The Vegas Lights which is the 'alternative' genre I also really like their newest song Say Amen which was released last month.

Gnash - I really like his song closure and Tell me its okay.  He also released a new song called the broken hearts club

AJR - They recently released burn the house down  and a few of my favourites are come hang out, netflix trip, thirty-three.

I don't listen to Panic! much, but I like this. There's some nice electro elements in vegas lights.

Gnash sounds pretty laid back, and I like the combo of piano and EDM in Tell me its okay. His vocal harmony is nice too.

AJR sounds aweseome, I like this.

So I've got a super fun song which I love here. It's The Bigger They Are, The Harder They Fall by Machinae Supremacy.

The first two and a half minutes of this song is instrumental, with Melodic guitar reminiscent of the later F Zero games combined with chiptune sounds taken straight out of a games console. Literally, they make music using the SID chip from a Commodore 64!

This band is one of my favourite electronicore bands, especially since their synth sounds are more chiptune-sounding than other bands of the genre, who go for more of a modern EDM/dubstep feel.

Here is one of my favorite songs by a very talented musician.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSlb1ezRqfA

I listen to so much different music I could list here for days lol. Here's four that have been in my rotation lately.
Lil Dicky - Professional Rapper (Feat. Snoop Dogg) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlU4FuIJT2k
DIE ANTWOORD - BANANA BRAIN : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXlZfc1TrD0
Hopsin - Witch Doctor : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOdzV3B8GWQ
Tech N9ne - Straight Out The Gate (Feat. Serj Tankian): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4kkzsRJObE
Just enough of a Bastard to be worth liking.

Another Electronicore band! Sonic Syndicate use synths and drum machines to create energetic and light-hearted songs such as Confessions. I promise I'll start sending links to something other than electronicore soon, but I just love it so much :>

If you haven't noticed the trend already, I like metal :>

Most people react to the words "Black metal" with disgust or similar, but I'm going to give you a song here which:

-Actually has memorable melodies
-Contains minimal screaming
-Has decipherable lyrics

On top of that, this song contains hints of Mongolian-style throat singing, Eastern-sounding chants (think call to prayer style), and a choral section :D

The song I speak of is Council of Wolves and Snakes by Dimmu Borgir. Feel free to deny everything I've said, I don't care. I think that this song is a fine example of how varied black metal can be, and how it isn't just death and screaming.

Sean Maguire is an 18 yo college kid from new york, and his music is awesome! Most of his songs are like a rap / rock cross-breed, but his collab with Tom Frederikse sounds closer to 90s EDM.

Suddenly is my favourite song by him

Alright ladies, lads, and legends!

Another update fresh from Pengu's music library! Today we're going to take a look at: french indie-pop!
Yes that's right: It's not metal for once!

The song in quesion is La Louze by Shanguy! This is the collaboration of an Italian DJ and a french indie-pop singer/songwriter. And is it good? Of course.