• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): smp.hometownmc.com

Minecraft name: mittens1cat

Reason for your ban: X-Ray texture pack usage.

Who banned you: uberdeatchbunny and shisuan

Why should you be unbanned: My reason for using X-Ray was not to get a substantial advantage over other players on the server, or to sell the acquired diamonds for extra, unfair amounts of money. I had no intention to use the acquired diamonds for trading, bragging, etc. My only reason for using an X-Ray texture pack to acquire diamonds was that I was becoming very tired of mining in Minecraft, as it's something I've never liked. My story is: I grew tired of using iron tools because of how much slower and weaker they were than diamond, so I went strip mining for a while, but I couldn't find a single vein of diamonds. I grew tired of this and at one point remembered that I had an X-Ray texture pack. I thought about it for a while, and temptation eventually took over and I used it. I ended up feeling very guilty the entire time I was doing it, but I just re wanted enough diamonds so that I wouldn't have to be stuck with using iron tools. I promised myself I would ONLY use the diamonds for tools for personal use, like to speed up digging and building around my house, and nothing else; no trading the diamonds, no making diamond armor for PvPing, no selling them, etc. I never intend to harm a server's economy, other players, or the world in any way, as I am not that type of person. This is honestly the only rule I've ever intentionally broken and been banned for on any server, and it's only because I have grown very tired of mining in Minecraft over the years, and I wanted to spend my time building and doing other things instead of mining. I am fully aware of my mistake and how potentially substantial the rule I broke is, though. I've seen how many diamonds some people acquire from X-Ray mining and how they use them to sell and trade, and I've always hated that, but I admit that by cheating I have brought myself to their level, whether or not I actually did those harmful things with the diamonds. I hate rule-breakers, so I hated myself while breaking the rule, but I did it because I told myself that it'll be a one-time thing for my own personal use, and I had the least harmful intentions you can have while breaking a rule. I still felt entirely guilty while using the X-Ray texture pack, and right now I feel even more substantially guilty. I personally promise that I have no ill intentions against the server and I promise to never use illegitimate methods like that again. I'll never forget this mistake I've made, and I'll never make this mistake or any similar mistake again.

Why do you want to come back: The members and staff of the server have been nothing but kind and respectful to me, and I was having a very fun time on the server, more fun than I've had in a while on Minecraft. I want to come back to continue gaining those fun memories, and I want to have the opportunity to sincerely apologize to everyone for what I did and to once again regain their trust and respect and to show them that I also respect them. I've only been on for a couple of days but I don't want to lose what I've gained on the server, emotionally and.. virtually. I still plan on voting for the server every day that I can if I am brought back, to support the server and to rise in rank to show my dedication to the server and further my progress on it. I feel too guilty to leave the server on the note of being banned for something as stupid- on MY part because I was the stupid one here- as using X-Ray, and I don't want my ban being the thing that's brought up if my name is ever mentioned. I want to be everyone's friend, and to help out the server and people on the server whenever I can through legitimate methods, whether that's by helping someone build, voting for the server, or just being a friendly person to talk to. I respect all staff and their decision to have banned me, but I hope I can get a second chance to prove that I'm not a common rule-breaker and that I only have good intentions and respect towards the server and it's members.

Unbanned, but you will loose all your money and diamond tools, armor etc.