• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any idea about when the mob spawn rate will be fixed?
Any idea about when the mob spawn rate will be fixed?

Currently, I barely see any mobs spawn. And someone told me it was an issue that has been happening for quite sometime. Maybe you can try checking which plugin is causing it.

I would really love the spawn rate to be at default. I want to play Minecraft how it is.
In exchange for buying Minecraft, have I lost something essential for a human being? Emotions used to swirl within me whenever I played other games. Fear, impatience, anger... But now... Day after day, I just mine diamonds and go home and repair my tools

I don't believe there is anything that needs fixing.

The mob spawn rate is low because you share it with every other player online in whatever world you're in - to my knowledge.

More players online = less things will spawn near you.

I've not heard about that changing and I'm not sure it ever will.

Also, welcome to HomeTown.
“Never be cruel, never be cowardly, and never ever eat pears!”

“Always try to be nice but never fail to be kind!”

“Laugh hard, run fast, be kind... “

(05-27-2018, 03:20 PM)Steasaur Wrote: I don't believe there is anything that needs fixing.

The mob spawn rate is low because you share it with every other player online in whatever world you're in - to my knowledge.

More players online = less things will spawn near you.

I've not heard about that changing and I'm not sure it ever will.

Also, welcome to HomeTown.

So basically, the spawn rate hasn't been touched?
In exchange for buying Minecraft, have I lost something essential for a human being? Emotions used to swirl within me whenever I played other games. Fear, impatience, anger... But now... Day after day, I just mine diamonds and go home and repair my tools

spawn rate seems low because the amount of mobs spawned has to be divided by the number of open chunks that they can spawn in. The more people on and spread out, the fewer mobs you will see in one area. This is way spawn towers are pretty useless on the server. On the plus side, the server has been up long enough that there are likely free to use mob farms for just about any mob you are looking for, just ask around in chat.
Just enough of a Bastard to be worth liking.

(05-28-2018, 06:33 AM)Geckorian Wrote: spawn rate seems low because the amount of mobs spawned has to be divided by the number of open chunks that they can spawn in. The more people on and spread out, the fewer mobs you will see in one area. This is way spawn towers are pretty useless on the server. On the plus side, the server has been up long enough that there are likely free to use mob farms for just about any mob you are looking for, just ask around in chat.

Okay got it