• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Remove a rule
I would like to suggest a rule to be removed. I would suggest the non-spamming rule to be removed. Also the too much caps lock. Why: because sometimes people don't answer you so you have to do that. Because you want people to answer you so bad.

(05-31-2018, 08:50 AM)vinnyg0621 Wrote: I would like to suggest a rule to be removed. I would suggest the non-spamming rule to be removed. Also the too much caps lock. Why: because sometimes people don't answer you so you have to do that. Because you want people to answer you so bad.

I think by default, the server Uncaptializes CAP words after 5 letters. If you want to get someone's attention, try /msg.

If you're trying to get the attention of many peeps, then keep trying. It won't take too long for them to notice.

What do you think?
In exchange for buying Minecraft, have I lost something essential for a human being? Emotions used to swirl within me whenever I played other games. Fear, impatience, anger... But now... Day after day, I just mine diamonds and go home and repair my tools

Or hear me out, no.

As a rule breaker I don't really think you should be suggesting this, especially since you haven't even been unbanned in the first place.
While I agree with the caps one, the spam is necessary and unless you cant use common sense, you'd see why it is so.
(Also if someone doesn't answer you, you're probably getting ignored)
[Image: 4vk53BR.gif]

Using all caps is a common representation of yelling at someone. It is considered rude by many people, hence the reason we do not allow cap beyond 14 letters or 4 words. Now depending on the staff observing it, that could mean in one line of text or in consecutive lines of text. I personally consider it the latter.
As far as the spam rule. I would not want to play here were that to be removed. I can't speak for everyone, but I for one have no interest in trying to play on a server where someone spends hours repeating the same line over and over. Nor, I think, do many of the players, want to be harassed with someone asking the same thing every couple of lines or making the same ad for their warp every few lines. It's annoying, rude, and harassing. This rule also helps to expedite the removal of trolls who only long onto the server to spew dribble.
You comment about people not answering you could be the result of many factors: they are afk, they did not see the posting, they are ignoring you, etc. Spam and Caps are not going to fix that, only aggravate others on the server. your best solution for such an issue would be to /msg that person, or /mail send that person and go about your business until they get back to you.
Just enough of a Bastard to be worth liking.

If you ask a question and noone answers, it's very likely that noone has an answer to your question. Instead of repeating it loads of times until people start to find you annoying, wait a while and try again, or wait for a staff member to come on
[Image: P4HqY8y.png]