• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Remove a rule
Using all caps is a common representation of yelling at someone. It is considered rude by many people, hence the reason we do not allow cap beyond 14 letters or 4 words. Now depending on the staff observing it, that could mean in one line of text or in consecutive lines of text. I personally consider it the latter.
As far as the spam rule. I would not want to play here were that to be removed. I can't speak for everyone, but I for one have no interest in trying to play on a server where someone spends hours repeating the same line over and over. Nor, I think, do many of the players, want to be harassed with someone asking the same thing every couple of lines or making the same ad for their warp every few lines. It's annoying, rude, and harassing. This rule also helps to expedite the removal of trolls who only long onto the server to spew dribble.
You comment about people not answering you could be the result of many factors: they are afk, they did not see the posting, they are ignoring you, etc. Spam and Caps are not going to fix that, only aggravate others on the server. your best solution for such an issue would be to /msg that person, or /mail send that person and go about your business until they get back to you.
Just enough of a Bastard to be worth liking.

Messages In This Thread
Remove a rule - by vinnyg0621 - 05-31-2018, 08:50 AM
RE: Remove a rule - by Steve Carter - 05-31-2018, 09:44 AM
RE: Remove a rule - by Greinaut - 05-31-2018, 10:52 AM
RE: Remove a rule - by Geckorian - 06-01-2018, 06:56 AM
RE: Remove a rule - by Penguin - 06-01-2018, 07:41 AM