• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enable Mob Griefing (Only for Unclaimed Areas)
Enable Mob Griefing (Only for Unclaimed Areas)

The Grief Prevention plugin, usually by default has it so that mobs cannot grief in claimed land. So if a creeper explodes in a claimed land, it wont destroy blocks, but will still cause damage.

At least, outside claimed areas, let mob griefing be there. I don't like it since creepers don't destroy blocks after exploding. I don't like the aspects of minecraft being restricted

I hope my suggestion is accepted...

- Steve Carter
In exchange for buying Minecraft, have I lost something essential for a human being? Emotions used to swirl within me whenever I played other games. Fear, impatience, anger... But now... Day after day, I just mine diamonds and go home and repair my tools

Bump
In exchange for buying Minecraft, have I lost something essential for a human being? Emotions used to swirl within me whenever I played other games. Fear, impatience, anger... But now... Day after day, I just mine diamonds and go home and repair my tools

So part of the issue, at least in my opinion, is that we don't require people to claim their builds to be protected by the no grief rule so by enabling mob griefing we would be giving would-be griefers a method of griefing that is harder to trace. Not to mention I don't think a lot of players want a landscape peppered with creeper holes, and with the number of players we have that would probably happen very quickly.

Not everyone can claim their builds too, so there's that...

Creeper explosions are disabled on almost every survival server. The main reason we do it here is because creeper explosions all around the world would make things look really ugly. Also builds would be damaged and players can lure creepers to explode on sensitive builds that are unclaimed.

(06-03-2018, 01:52 AM)frost Wrote: Creeper explosions are disabled on almost every survival server. The main reason we do it here is because creeper explosions all around the world would make things look really ugly. Also builds would be damaged and players can lure creepers to explode on sensitive builds that are unclaimed.

Around 95 percent of the people on the server claim, so creeper wont be able to destroy blocks in claimed areas.

And whereas for unclaimed areas, it can be brought back  to its original state with /co rollback

I just wanted all the aspects of Minecraft to be there

(06-02-2018, 10:16 PM)thatguy3339 Wrote: So part of the issue, at least in my opinion, is that we don't require people to claim their builds to be protected by the no grief rule so by enabling mob griefing we would be giving would-be griefers a method of griefing that is harder to trace. Not to mention I don't think a lot of players want a landscape peppered with creeper holes, and with the number of players we have that would probably happen very quickly.

Alright fine, I'll let this part pass then