Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: bleekman1

Reason for your ban: xray

Who banned you: LilDevilian

Why should you be unbanned: I had xray installed on my client because I play on another server that allows it. I opened a shop and quickly the demand for items shot up. I couldn't keep stock so I used xray twice to Fortune III small clusters. I know what I was doing was wrong. Xray is against the rules on most servers and it's really a dumb mod to use because you will always get caught, as I did. I ask for forgiveness from the server and LilDevilian to let me come back and be honest with my mining methods. I've never caused any other issues and I've never missed a single day of voting for the server. I am willing to pay the cost of being unbanned, whether that be taking my in-game money, taking my items, or a probation that requires me to be honest and helpful to anybody or working and doing jobs for free. I was taught begging is a sign of weakness but I do ask for forgiveness one last time.

Why do you want to come back: I want to come back because I think this is a really good server. The people are nice. There is no griefing or PvP which is what I like most. I can come and play around and not worry about people stealing from me or killing me. It is truly the only "laid back" server I've found. If I remain banned I'm honestly not going to play Minecraft anymore because this is the only server I found any fun on. 

If my ban isn't lifted, I just want to say I had a ton of fun on the server and I'm really going to miss everyone

When asked about the offense you decided to lie, which I very much did not appreciate. However I am glad that you're now being honest in your appeal. 

We usually ask x-rayers a series of questions, so if you wish to be unbanned you will have to answer these following questions:
-Why is x-raying bad?
-How does x-raying affect the server's economy?
-How does x-raying affect the other players of the server?
-What have you learned from this ban?

I expect you to give me an answer to each question that is as minimum a paragraph long (3 sentences).
xo

(06-04-2018, 11:41 PM)LilDevilian Wrote: When asked about the offense you decided to lie, which I very much did not appreciate. However I am glad that you're now being honest in your appeal. 

We usually ask x-rayers a series of questions, so if you wish to be unbanned you will have to answer these following questions:
-Why is x-raying bad?
Using xray is cheating and is unfair to other players who use honest methods of finding their resources. Cheating as a whole hurts everyone on the server, not just the person who cheated and ended up banned, myself in this case. 
-How does x-raying affect the server's economy?
X-ray affects the economy in the sense that essentially money is being created that was made under false pretense. It can alter the prices and create an influx of materials. Cheating in this way is essentially counterfeiting.
-How does x-raying affect the other players of the server?
It costs other players their money and their resources that they work hard to earn on their own. It robs others of the opportunity to succeed as I wanted to. There is a competitive economy for a reason and the only true way to get ahead is with honest hard work.
-What have you learned from this ban? 
My stupidity of using xray has only hurt myself. Use of xray and cheating doesn't benefit anybody. I didn't want to get banned and I've read in several places you, the staff/mods/admins, don't want to ban people and that's why there is an appeal process. I've removed xray from my client and am now using only optifine.

As a side note I would be more than glad to return what I have taken using xray or pay some sort of fine. I hope that this is sufficient as I have tried to answer these questions to the best of my ability (3 sentences is tough for me, you should see my school essays)

I appreciate your consideration LilDevilian and hope for your forgiveness and understanding as well as lying to you when it occurred

I expect you to give me an answer to each question that is as minimum a paragraph long (3 sentences).

Thank you for your response.
I will go ahead and unban you. Upon login in- please turn in all the items you've gained through cheating to a member of staff so that they can be destroyed. Your balance has also been reset.

Please keep in mind that if something like this happens again, you might get permabanned.

Welcome back to HomeTown.
xo