• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Poor Treatment by Moderators
Exclamation 
[font=.SF UI Text][font=.SFUIText]The purpose of a moderator is to enforce the rules of the server. I mistakenly stole/griefed so that’s why I went through the ban appeal. After answering the numerous questions truthfully, I was denied my unbanning by “DeaDCorE” because “I griefed”. This unfair judgement is ironic, shown with other players getting unbanned even though they griefed before. Furthermore, “DeaDCorE” had the audacity to call me a “smartass”, showing his incompetence as a moderator. A moderator is suppose to treat everyone fairly but in this case, insulted me because I answered the questions in a “smart ass way” though I did not mean it in that way. I recommend DeaDCorE learning manners and learn how to treat other players more respectfully before opening his mouth in which his trashful language comes out of. This thread might be removed because the inability of some moderators to handle criticism and a debate. [/font][/font]

[font=.SF UI Text][font=.SFUIText]Thank you.[/font][/font]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thank you for your critique of our Staff. We at Hometown appreciate feedback to help improve our service. A response by the concerned parties will occur based on the importance of the issue. In the mean time, please enjoy your hunt for a new server.
Just enough of a Bastard to be worth liking.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience here however I feel the full story isn't shown here so I cannot say much.
However I'm sorry you were treated such a way that made you feel so strongly. I hope you find a new server.
[Image: IqEDa8l.png][Image: IgRwvbV.gif]

Hometown is a good server, I don't know if you will find one like it, but good luck.
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

We make it abundantly clear what our rules are and how to find the rules before you are even allowed to play, the fact you were unable to get through the quiz at the beginning of your time here means you disregarded the rules on purpose.
Just because I have nothing better to do I will go through your responses to uberdeathbunny's questions, and point out how exactly your responses are bad.

1) Can you add/delete/harvest anybody else's built blocks (not natural), fenced in plants or fenced in animals?
Yes I was able to.
- although this is a grammatically poorly worded question you can clearly tell the way that the question was intended to be worded as "Are you allowed to add/delete/harvest anybody else's built blocks (not natural), fenced in plants or fenced in animals?"

2) Once you know a build exists,
2a) can you walk through the area? Yes, unless it was fenced off.
2b) change the landscape within 100 blocks of that build? Yes since the land was not claimed. Players should be responsible for claiming their land.
- 2a) your answer is correct, we allow free movement through areas built by other players. Except if the player who owns the build expressly forbids such movement
- 2b) Not all builds will have land claims around them, this fact dose not change the 100 block rule the 100 block rule exists around builds regardless of if it's "claimed"
-it is the responsibility of each player to follow these rules not the responsibility of the player who made the build to claim the land

3) If a player is banned can you take over their build? I don't believe so, I never tried it before.
-Grief is not allowed under any circumstances following what other players are doing is not an excuse for breaking the rules

4) If a build is abandoned can you remove any part of it? Yes, unless the plot is claimed.
-again it is clear the intention of the question is "If a build is abandoned are you allowed to remove any part of it?"

5) If you accidentally break another players block what should you do? Put it back where it belong.
-correct answer here is to call a staff member or mail them and let them know what happened and the staff member will fix it

6) Are you allowed to ignore staff? No, you are not allowed to ignore staff.
-this answer is fine
7) What have you learned from this experience? I shouldn't steal and should earn things legit.
-as is this answer

-i didn't call you a smartass i called your responses to uber's questions  "smartass". Other's who have appealed their bans took the time to do good responses, and they appear to have remorse for their actions, your ban appeal appears as though you did the bare minimum effort to get unbanned. They put in effort and you have not they got unbanned, you haven't you do the math.