• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ban Appel X-Ray
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): smp.hometownmc.com (Minecraft Server Java Edition)

Minecraft name: LeDerpLegend

Reason for your ban: Use of X-ray pack or mod

Who banned you: LilDevilian and Hiyoko

Why should you be unbanned: I understand that I have read the rules of the server, and that I have strictly violated the rules of the server. I did in an attempt use X-Ray Resource pack to find diamonds easily, though I should have not. I agree with the reason why I was banned however, based on reading this you must consider I would like to be unbanned. I should be allowed back in the server because I feel like I can follow all the rules and expectations that the server should expect everyone to follow. I would be willing to give up the specific resources that I mined using the x-ray back to a mod or admin, or have one observe me throwing them into lava and rid of them. I would also give up and be a newbie rank again and lose my money should you seem fit. I am a person that deserves punishment for breaking a simple rule, but I believe I should be given a second chance. I will delete the resource pack on my .Minecraft folder so this issue doesn't arise again, but I should never turn it on ever again. I want to continue building in a town I reside in and enjoy the server again. I will be sure to follow the rules completely and diligently to my fullest content. Please consider giving me a second chance to do right.

Why do you want to come back: I want to come back mainly because of some of the friends I have made on the server. The community is a friendly environment with hardly any toxicity which I find calming and charming. I have become a member of a city called Lakeside and I would like to continue building they city up with them as I joined when it was small and few. Your server offers a great variety of people that are willing to help and respect others, something I haven't seen for at least 4 years. I probably don't deserve a second chance, because x-ray is strictly said, but I ask that you would let me have one, and I will do it right.

Thank you, to whom this may concern.

-LeDerpLegend 

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Your appeal is well written, and it is appreciated.
We usually ask players who’ve been banned for xraying a series of questions. With that being said, please answer these following questions:

-Why is xraying bad?
-How does xraying affect the server’s economy?
-How does xraying affect the other players of the server?
-What have you learned from this ban?

Please give each question an answer that is as minimum a paragraph long. (2-3 sentences)
xo

-Why is xraying bad?
   X-ray allows players to see trough certain blocks only to reveal resources that can be mined under the ground. It allows direct sight to resources and is a cheat to avoid constant mining and get what you really want. Effectively it can ruin mining systems and possible opportunities for future players.

-How does xraying affect the server’s economy?
  Like supply and demand, the less there is of something, the more it will cost to consumers. Mining pockets of resources allows the seller to have a higher quantity and raise the price to sell for their own benefit. This doesn't help the consumer in any way as they have a lower chance to find their own resources, and they have to possibly pay more to get what they need.

-How does xraying affect the other players of the server?
  X-ray affects the other players of the server by lowering their chances of finding the resources they are looking for. Possibly a day after the x-ray was used by someone, another player who was planning to mine another tunnel is now out of luck due to the cheater who got there first. This can disturb one's mining acts or deter them from mining and having to spend money on the shops to get what they want.

-What have you learned from this ban?
   I have learned many things from this ban, the most important is to follow the rules the first time and don't disregard or question them. I learned how your anti-cheat service and mods work around the clock to find cheaters and give them punishment, for that I respect the mods for how much work they do to keep the server safe. I learned my punishment was fair and well supported, I shall resect the rules and mods for what they do and play like a fair sport and not ruin someones fun.

Very well, you have been unbanned.
Upon login in your balance will have been reset, you will also have to turn in all the items you’ve gained from cheating to a member of staff so that they can be destroyed.
Please keep in mind that if this happens again, you will most likely be permanently banned.

Welcome back to HomeTown
xo

Thank you, I accept the terms of punishment and will contact a server mod to turn in the items I stole using x-ray or have one whitness the destruction of the mats whichever they want. I understand should this incident happen again I eill be possibly perma banned from the server. Thank you for giving me a second chance.

-Much Thanks, LeDerpLegend