Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Beacon Theft Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): smp.hometownmc.com

Minecraft name: ollymal

Reason for your ban: Beacon Theft

Who banned you: UberDeathBunny

Why should you be unbanned: I found a strip mine while mining for materials, and I happened
upon this weird artificially made cave, and that's where I found the beacon and base.I was just
super tempted to mostly take the iron and I thought the beacon was a plus. I'm sorry that I did.
I didn't use the materials. I should've honored rules and not have stolen the beacon and iron
blocks. I can give back the materials and it won't happen again.

Why do you want to come back: I spent some time finding an alright server to play with a
friend with the right things such as /tpa which wasn't present in a lot of servers I tried out. Also
I've spent a lot a time building my home.

I will want at least 1 or more sentences per question. After I read your response I will consider unbanning you.

1) Are you allowed add/delete/harvest anybody else's built blocks (not natural), fenced in plants or fenced in animals?

2) Once you know a build exists,
2a) can you walk through the area?
2b) change the landscape within 100 blocks of that build?

3) If a player is banned can you take over their build?

4) If a build is abandoned can you remove any part of it?

5) If you accidentally break another players block what should you do?

6) What have you learned from this experience?
[Image: keez3aZ.png]

1) Are you allowed add/delete/harvest anybody else's built blocks (not natural), fenced in plants or fenced in animals?
No you are not allowed to add/delete/harvest anybody else's build blocks. This is because you should respect everyone's property

2) Once you know a build exists,
2a) can you walk through the area?
I believe you are able to walk through the area, but you are not allowed to touch, tamper, or destroy anything.

2b) change the landscape within 100 blocks of that build?
I feel that proximity is too close to that person's build and you should try to go somewhere else as to not mess with their artistic vision of their build.

3) If a player is banned can you take over their build?
I feel if the build is incomplete you should first ask an admin/mod for permission first before you do anything to the build site. Or to give notice to the admin/ mod that there is an incomplete build so they can decide what to do with it.

4) If a build is abandoned can you remove any part of it?
Generally no, but if you ask an admin/mod for permission and they grant you it, then I see no harm in it.

5) If you accidentally break another players block what should you do?
Contact an admin/mod to tell them that it was a mistake, so you don't get punished.

6) What have you learned from this experience?
I've learned not to tamper with people's builds because I wouldn't want people tampering with mine. I also learned that what I did was selfish and uncalled for.

You have been unbanned please return any stolen items to a staff member once you log back on. Failure to do so will result in a re-banning. Welcome back to HomeTown.