Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
X-Ray Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: OcuDuck

Reason for your ban: X-Raying whilst mining

Who banned you: Unknown

Why should you be unbanned: I apologize for using X-Ray while mining. I was just curious about the perspective of an X-ray miner and just wanted to mess around somewhere. It was very immature and stupid of me to cheat in a server, instead of doing it on singleplayer on my own, and not to suppress the temptation to exploit my curiosity to mine excessive amount of diamonds. After this ban, I've learned and experienced the perspective of a cheater, and I learned my lesson. Honestly, it was fun, but it's not that fun to imagine the ruined server economy, gameplay to others and, just be banned after a few hours. I am truly sorry for my actions and all the frustration I have given to my friends and the staff. 

Why do you want to come back: I've been building a healthy community with a few wonderful friends around hometown. I want to enjoy my experiences in Hometown again when I return. I don't care about my budget or anything; I just came, and want to come back to just chat with my friends and have fun. I will turn in the remaining diamonds that I have stored, and happily discard all my balance as the server regulations. 

I will answer the questions beforehand. 

-Why is xraying bad?
It is very effective to gain a destructive advantage over other players in mining, it also ruins the server economy easily with a single x-ray mining trip (which I had)

-How does xraying affect the servers economy?
The said trip above yielded me over 2 stacks of diamonds in a matter of minutes, which usually took me over 8 hours to collect. My experiences convey that via collecting an excessive amount of diamonds (aka money) can swiftly stack up and give an unfair advantage to other players.

-How does xraying affect the other players of the server? 
It doesn't seem to directly affect other players, but it will heavily affect other players in terms of economy, and possible competitions players might have.

-What have you learned from this ban? 
I've learned that Cheating is not the best thing to experience in a server, and experiencing a cheater's point of view made me think that I deserved to be banned. Even if it's just to experiment or just to mess around, cheating is never a wise decision to make. There are better things for me to do than cheating, and it made me think twice before making decisions. None of this will ever happen again from me, I will promise I will become a fair-playing person.

(07-10-2018, 08:26 AM)Mr_Donald Wrote: Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: Mr_Donald

Reason for your ban: X-Raying whilst mining

Who banned you: Kat and Uber

Why should you be unbanned: I was minning with a friend of me and I didn't now he was using X-Ray but didn't have a fortune pickaxe so i saied let me break the diamonds bc i have fortune. And when we where done he saied that he used X-Ray but I was allready banned... 

Why do you want to come back: Bc i want to finish the projects i started. I want to finish The house where Memoreys allready paied for. And start new projects

I'm so sorry for this mistake of me and my friend (KaspL)

OcuDuck,
I will unban you as long as you know your balance will be reset to zero and any items you gained by x-raying must be turned over to a staff member when you log in.

Mr_Donald,
Please go make your own appeal and do NOT post on others appeals unless you are involved with the ban.
[Image: keez3aZ.png]

Thank you Uber, I really appreciate your kindness over unbanning me. I will not forget your forgiveness for my actions. I will happily turn over my budget and ALL my resources that I've earned through using x-ray prior to this ban. Thanks again!  Smile (IP banned)

(07-10-2018, 06:03 PM)Ocu Wrote: Thank you Uber, I really appreciate your kindness over unbanning me. I will not forget your forgiveness for my actions. I will happily turn over my budget and ALL my resources that I've earned through using x-ray prior to this ban. Thanks again!  Smile (IP banned)

You have been unbanned, welcome back to HomeTown.