• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I was banned for lying to staff because i griefed
Code:
[b]Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord):[/b] smp.hometownmc.com

[b]Minecraft name:[/b] FlakeyFruit

[b]Reason for your ban:[/b] I griefed and stole and then I lied to staff about it

[b]Who banned you:[/b] Guy

[b]Why should you be unbanned:[/b] I should be unbanned because I worked hard for everything thing I had but I wanted more without having to try because I was playing all day so I started going to peoples bases and trying to get and good loot

[b]Why do you want to come back:[/b] I want to come back because it is summer break and I dont have much to do and minecraft helps give me something to do
I now know that next time I should just stick to doing it the hard way because I dont want to get banned again nd I enjoy playing minecraft with friends.

I will want at least 2 sentences per question. After I read your response I will have a mod+ look at your appeal.

1) Are you allowed add/delete/harvest anybody else's built blocks (not natural), fenced in plants or fenced in animals?

2) Once you know a build exists,
2a) can you walk through the area?
2b) change the landscape within 100 blocks of that build?

3) If a player is banned can you take over their build?

4) If a build is abandoned can you remove any part of it?

5) If you accidentally break another players block what should you do?

6) You claim you were trying to get good loot from people's bases and yet there were numerous places where you broke items seemingly just for the sake of breaking them (Redstone broken, broken blocks left just thrown on the ground etc.) as such I would like to know. Why did you think this was acceptable?

7) What have you learned from this experience?

Do I need to copy and paste the questions or just answer them?

You dont have to copy and paste them, but please number your responses to make it easy to tell which is which.

1) Are you allowed add/delete/harvest anybody else's built blocks (not natural), fenced in plants or fenced in animals?
No you aren't allowed to add/break/harvest blocks built by a player because that is griefing and you aren't allowed to grief. Also just walking around their area would be trespassing so I shouldn't have even been on your area.

2) Once you know a build exists,
2a) can you walk through the area?
Yes unless it is fenced off because that is trespassing and that is bad. Some people might not want anybody on their land and I understand that.
2b) change the landscape within 100 blocks of that build?
No in the rules it clearly says no building blocks within 100 blocks of someone elses claimed area. I can understand why because people might want to expand their base and if you build it could make them have to clean up your mess and that would be griefing again.

3) If a player is banned can you take over their build?
No you cant take over their build because if they get unbanned then whatever you did they would have to fix and they would make you leave. The only reason you can is if the player tells you that you can.

4) If a build is abandoned can you remove any part of it?
No you cant because someone might still be using it. Ask whoever the owner of the place if you can or just leave.

5) If you accidentally break another players block what should you do?
You should tell a staff member and they will fix it.

6) You claim you were trying to get good loot from people's bases and yet there were numerous places where you broke items seemingly just for the sake of breaking them (Redstone broken, broken blocks left just thrown on the ground etc.) as such I would like to know. Why did you think this was acceptable?
No it wasn't just trying to get loot, I had no friends on at the time and I didn't know whose base it was so I just ran around taking things and breaking things just for the fun of doing it. I know that it is griefing and I shouldn't have done that and just waited until my friends got on. I didn't think that any staff would approve because it was griefing but i hoped that I didn't get caught because I just wanted to do something.

7) What have you learned from this experience?
I learned that griefing is really bad to do and eventually they will figure out who did it. Stealing is bad as well because you are taking what people earned because I wanted the easy way to get stuff. I hope that I never get banned again because it isn't very fun and I regret breaking/ stealing/ harvesting crops/ killing animals and a bunch more just because I wanted to have fun and get free stuff. I know now to never steal or grief.

Okay so a few comments. On 2a), you may walk through their area so long as it is not fenced in or blocked off, if you have to change blocks to it to get into the area then you should leave it be. The correct answer to 4 is that you may not, the answer to 5 is to contact staff. Please update those for me and I'll have a mod+ take a look.

You have been unbanned. I will need you to turn in any stolen/griefed items to myself or another staff member for destruction.

Dont let this happen again, you may not be unbanned a second time.