Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): smp.hometownmc.com

Minecraft name: KitkatKatie_

Reason for your ban: Grief

Who banned you: Guy

Why should you be unbanned: The main reason I should be unbanned is because I didn't educate myself on the rules fully thinking that it was okay to take items that were unprotected (not in a claim). Not knowing this factor I went and broke a couple of heads and crops and a few other blocks. The reason I am appealing is because I now have looked in more detail on the rules a regulations and have understood what has happened and am not going to be repeating the same mistakes. I would like to state that my friend that I will remain unnamed but Guy would know who this person is had committed the same acts as I have and did not get banned. I do feel this is unfair as I offered to give the stuff I took back before getting banned as did my friend and she was able to 'get away with it'. If I am honest, that does show a lack of staff enforcing the rules properly. I am very experienced in staffing on big servers (message me if you do want evidence/want to know what server) and I realize this is in fact unfair.

Why do you want to come back: I would like to come back as I just want to play some survival with my friend as we seem to be getting on well with it. This does look like a lovely server and I would like to be a positive part of the community so I would like the chance to come back. Hopefully this is just a minor blip and we can move on from this. 
- Many thanks 

First, just as a comment, I will let you know that the reason you were banned and your friend was warned is because your friend broke relatively little, while you broke quite a bit. Along with the fact that you maintained that you had not broken anything other than the crops and heads and I determined that to not be the truth, as you broke quite a lot of things at that location. When questioned about what all you had broken you maintained that you had only broken crops and the skulls, I quickly found that to not be true.

Now here's the deal, I will want at least 1 sentence per question. After I read your response I will have a mod+ look at your appeal.

1) Are you allowed add/delete/harvest anybody else's built blocks (not natural), fenced in plants or fenced in animals?

2) Once you know a build exists,
2a) can you walk through the area?
2b) change the landscape within 100 blocks of that build?

3) If a player is banned can you take over their build?

4) If a build is abandoned can you remove any part of it?

5) If you accidentally break another players block what should you do?

6) Is it ever acceptable to lie to a staff member?

7) What have you learned from this experience?

1) Are you allowed add/delete/harvest anybody else's built blocks (not natural), fenced in plants or fenced in animals?
Nope you're not.
2) Once you know a build exists,
2a) can you walk through the area?
Yes unless it is fenced off or if i have to change anything to get there.
2b) change the landscape within 100 blocks of that build?
No you cannot as it means if someone wants to expand their base they would have to grief more.
3) If a player is banned can you take over their build?
No as if they get unbanned you would basically be greifing them and they would have to re build.
4) If a build is abandoned can you remove any part of it?
No as it if still griefing
5) If you accidentally break another players block what should you do?
You contact a staff member.
6) Is it ever acceptable to lie to a staff member?
No as it gets u no where
7) What have you learned from this experience?
To not grief or take other peoples stuff.

You have been unbanned, please make sure to double check the server rules found under /rules and at /warp rules.  Welcome back to hometown.

Please dont let it happen again.

Thank you