• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduction
Hello!  My username is mmcginnis and I am new to this server.  I had been a longtime player on Cweepahcraft before it randomly shut down recently.  The process of finding a new server was something of a daunting challenge for me.  I found PVP servers where players were out to get you from the start; servers that had so many players in it that you couldn't read the chat before it disappeared; servers that only wanted your money; even, a server that seemed like it was dedicated to Hitler.  This one seems closest to what I've been accustomed to in Cweepah so I think I'll stay.
     A little about myself: I am a veteran having served in the U.S. Army with 7th Special Forces Group(Airborne).  Before you ask, I was not myself a Green Beret; I was a mechanic.  Don't let that fool you.  Support staff did most of the same training and I was a primary driver for my team when I was deployed...kicking in doors, doing bad things to bad people.  After the Army, I moved in with my then-girlfriend/now-wife in Orlando(yes, we have season passes to Disney and Universal).  She has since graduated law school and has become an attorney(almost ironically, a V.A. attorney), and I have returned to school on the V.A.'s GI Bill.  I am pursuing two majors: A.S. in Electronics Engineering Technology and B.S. in Mechanical Engineering.  The ME major is the medium-term goal, whereas the EET major is a short-term get-me-a-job-bc-I'm-losing-my-mind-not-making-any-money goal.  I'm way farther along in my ME major than my EET major...so don't ask, just yet, for help with your redstone builds as I've just got the basics of Boolean algebra covered.  For the ME, I have all the maths(Calculus I through Differential Equations) and physics out of the way, and on my last server's forums, I had a section where I helped kids with their homework...so ask away.  My wife and I just welcomed our first to the world in April.  I know it sounds cliche, but she is my world...that is until she does this thing when I'm holding her while she's crying: she takes a deep breath, turns into my ear, and screeches at the top of her lungs.  Then, I tell her she's a terrorist and terrorists go to GITMO and place her in playpen. <--Rereading that, it may sound like I don't love her when I do that, but that is definitely not the case.
    A little on my MC style: I like to dig and build...BIG!  I dug out a 5 chunk by 5 chunk (that's 80 blocks by 80 blocks for anyone who's counting) hole straight down to bedrock just to gather all the resources.  I kept everything, rock, sand, gravel, lava, ect.  Then, I built a one-chunk skyscraper in the center-most chunk from the bedrock to the highest placeable block.  I set up a small target of slime blocks at the bottom and invited the server for a little bounce party.  Next, I built a giant torus(a torus is a geometrical shape: think of a donut) with a 16 chunk radius from the center of the hole to the outer edge of the torus AND a two chunk radius for the round part that circled the hole(the part of the donut you eat).  Did I mention that it was geometrically perfect?  I used a lot of graph paper and had to build a special rig to make perfect circles that big on paper (I should have also mentioned in my about me section that I picked up woodworking).  On my own single player creative mode, I have other builds including my rendition of Australia's Parliament House, undersea biodomes, and a "never-ending" roller coaster that I add on to whenever I get on...dang thing takes nearly an hour to ride(I don't remember the last time I actually did).
     I think I will wrap this up...it's 2:18am where I am and I'm getting tired and the forum is lagging from this novel that I've written for you.  I really should consider breaking this up into smaller posts.  I look forward to playing with and meeting y'all and adding to the map something fantastic...and BIG!

Welcome to HomeTown!
xo

welcome to HT <3
[Image: oE7TFS5.jpg]

Welcome to HomeTown!
- KatNip

Welcome, I can't wait to see what you come up with next and I hope you enjoy hometown!
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023