• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ban Appeal for X-Raying
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP (smp.hometownmc.com)

Minecraft name: DoxNotch

Reason for your ban: X-Raying

Who banned you: UberDeathBunny

Why should you be unbanned: I'm not a mean player, I like to be helpful and I think I'm a positive person to have around. I know I shouldn't have cheated, but I care about my builds more than anything and I needed claim blocks faster than I was getting them through voting. I know I could've farmed other things and I had just finished a semi-auto cow farm and full auto sugar cane farm. I didn't use the money I got from x-raying for anything other than claim blocks, maybe a buck or two in Illogical's shop for glowstone and quartz but that was what I got from voting anyways. I work 20-30 hours a week and I take classes year-round so I just wanted to get a decent claim down so I could focus on building in my spare time. If I'm unbanned I'm planning on making a farmer's market with a corn maze and other cool activities for everyone to enjoy and I think it'll be fun for everyone. I was fully planning on being a long-term member and maybe possibly hopefully way down the line helping build for the server if I could make things cool enough to impress y'all. I used to run three servers, I built PvP maps and dungeons for some of the larger servers, but I've always enjoyed PvE SMP the most. I love the feel of it and I like getting involved. So again I didn't x-ray to get diamond armor or tools, wasn't trying to give myself a huge advantage or amazing gear, I just wanted to protect my build because I've had my things griefed before. I made the wrong decision but I'd appreciate being able to continue working on my village because I was really happy with how it was going. If I get unbanned I'll just stick to honest strip mining or look for other ways to earn money. 

Why do you want to come back: Reason 1: I know for a fact now that the staff is amazingly competent at detecting cheaters hahaha. I thought I was soooo sneaky not making obvious x-ray tunnels and I even tried to make a few look like natural cave formations. I responded poorly to Uber at first because I was just piiiiiiissed that I actually got caught and couldn't believe that anyone was actually watching me. ggwp.

Reason 2: Again I just love servers like yours and good ones are borderline impossible to find since everyone has that PvP towny faction crap. I was really hyped on my build and I was planning on setting up a warp for a farmer's market/ fall festival type place. Everyone seems super chill and I was genuinely enjoying my time there. I've only recently gotten back into Minecraft and everyone on the server like Melanie, Illogical, Jager etc. were all so kind and it made me want to stay on forever. I was just looking for a server that had a decent population where I could build and share things with people instead of building all by my lonesome in singleplayer. 

Please answer the following questions:

Why is X-raying bad?

How does X-raying affect other players?

How does X-raying affect the server’s economy?

If you really need an item what is a better way of getting it than using X-Ray?

What have you learned from this ban?
[Image: keez3aZ.png]

(08-04-2018, 01:37 AM)UberDeathBunny Wrote: Please answer the following questions:

Why is X-raying bad?

How does X-raying affect other players?

How does X-raying affect the server’s economy?

If you really need an item what is a better way of getting it than using X-Ray?

What have you learned from this ban?

1. It gives me an unfair advantage and deprives other people of finding resources if I take everything.

2. It makes it so that the only things left in areas you’ve x-rayed are stone and dirt, which leads to it being frustrating for them not finding anything. 

3. If I chose to sell the diamonds for a cheaper price than spawn I it could lead to everyone having too much money and the entire aspect of having to work to get resources would be gone because everyone would just buy what they needed. 

4. Asking for it, buying it, strip mining, caving

5 there’s no way in hell im going to get away with cheating even if I think I can cover my tracks, so I won’t be doing it again. I also learned that you take the server rules very seriously even though the server atmosphere is laid back.

You have been unbanned. Your balance has been reset to 0 and you will have to turn over any diamonds/diamond armor/diamond tools to a staff member when you log on. If you do not you will be rebanned. Welcome back to Hometown.

(08-04-2018, 03:46 AM)UberDeathBunny Wrote: You have been unbanned. Your balance has been reset to 0 and you will have to turn over any diamonds/diamond armor/diamond tools to a staff member when you log on. If you do not you will be rebanned. Welcome back to Hometown.

Thank you! I handed everything over to Shisuan.