Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: bobfoo

Reason for your ban: Theft from unlocked chest

Who banned you: Guy

Why should you be unbanned: I now realize that even though a chest is unlocked, it is not an excuse for me to take any items. The player stolen from worked hard to get the resources/ items within the chest, and it is not right, morally and according to the servers rules, that I should take what belongs to another person. I now see that I could have really ruined a person's day by stealing the resources they were gathering. I don't really think that there is a reason that anyone should unban me. I did steal from a person who wanted to play on the server. I was greedy. I do, however, feel that this experience has changed me for the better. I still do want to play the game, but now I understand that theft is not an acceptable way of playing the game because of how it affects everyone on the server, especially the one stolen from.

Why do you want to come back: It is one of the servers that enjoy playing. I want to come back because I like the way Hometown SMP is structured and its community. The community is friendly and free of mean players. But now I realize that I was one of the mean players, I was one of the players that spoiled the game for other people. You could keep me banned or you could unban me. I really think that I have changed, but in the end it is up to you, wheather or not you believe that I should be able to play on Hometown SMP.

So I banned you for stealing from my old shop, I will want one or more sentences for each question, after which I will request that a mod or admin look at your appeal.

1) Are you allowed add/delete/harvest anybody else's built blocks (not natural), fenced in plants or fenced in animals?

2) If a player is banned can you take over their build?

3) If a build is abandoned can you remove any part of it?

4) If you accidentally break another players block what should you do?

5) If a chest is unlocked are you allowed to take from them?

6) What have you learned from this experience?

1) You are not allowed to modify anyone else's blocks/property because it belongs to another player.

2) No. You are not allowed to take over the build of a banned player because of the possibility of them returning.

3) No because, once again, the player might return to their build, and would not want to see it destroyed.

4) If I accidentally break another player's block I should ask a staff member to come and fix it, unless none are available, then I can fix it myself.

5) No I am not allowed to take items from them because the items are not mine and I have not been given permission to take them.

6) I have learned that I should not take items from other people, even if the chest is unlocked, because it belongs to another player. Stealing is wrong, morally and according to the Hometown SMP rules, and I will not take items again from another player without permission.

You have been unbanned, I will need you to return the stolen items to myself or another staff member for destruction, if you dont remember what all was taken I can check for you, just let me know. But, other than that, welcome back to Hometown!