Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban appeal, X-Ray
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord):
SMP

Minecraft name:
TrueSpace

Reason for your ban:
Mods have reviewed the Logs and found out that there were alot of diamonds mined under my name.
Therefor I have been caught sharing my account with my brother, which after asking him has indeed downloaded and installed an X-Ray resource pack into my minecraft. and has used it to mine tons of diamonds.

Who banned you:
UberDeathBunny

Why should you be unbanned:
I have spoken to my brother, he has admitted downloading the X-ray resource pack. And he's willing to apolagize via discord if neccesary, And so am I.
I have deleted the X-ray Resource pack from my minecraft. I will include pictures to proof this.
Since I have no clue how to add images here are the links:
- https://imgur.com/nW7GLos
https://imgur.com/WLVZ8JC
I never meant for this to happen ofcourse, but I also easily couldve prevented it by checking on him every now and then. from now on Ill be sure to check resource packs and if any mods are installed. And if account sharing is not allowed on the server, I wont let him play on it again.
Ofcourse you'll take the diamonds away, Id prefer if you did anyway.
I don't know if you can locate them by yourself but if not, They're in my underground base/storage system.
It has a giant white ring above it. But I'm pretty sure you can check claims anyway.

Why do you want to come back:
For me HomeTown is a place to relax after a busy day, I get on the server and just start working on current projects or start a new one. HomeTown is the first server I actually spent time on, and I would find it very unfortunate if I would need to find a new server.

Again, My apolagies for the unwanted trouble, I am willing to be interrogated together with my brother on discord.
Thank you for taking your time to read this appeal.

- TrueSpace

Please answer the following questions:

Why is X-raying bad?

How does X-raying affect other players?

How does X-raying affect the server’s economy?

If you really need an item what is a better way of getting it than using X-Ray?

What have you learned from this ban?
[Image: keez3aZ.png]

(08-08-2018, 03:55 PM)UberDeathBunny Wrote: Please answer the following questions:

Why is X-raying bad?
X-raying gives me a completely unfair advantage over the other players by showing me the location of materials and resources. it allows me to gain resources such as Diamonds, Lapis, Iron and Gold much faster than those who don't use X-ray. X-ray's are also capable of showing the locations of procedurally generated structures such as; Dungeons, Strongholds, Ravines and Mineshafts.
X-raying also ruins the adventure/exploring aspect of the game, It makes the game boring and repetetive as you'll be able to find diamond upon diamond.

How does X-raying affect other players?
Since the X-rayer is able to acquire more resources easier, It leaves less resources for other players to find.
making it that the other players cannot make progress as fast as they would if they could indeed get to those resources.

How does X-raying affect the server’s economy?
By gaining a great amount of diamonds very quickly and selling them, I throw the economy off balance since there is suddenly a great increase in diamonds on the market, also It greatly increases my balance. allowing me to buy more stuff than I originally could.

If you really need an item what is a better way of getting it than using X-Ray?
Farming - Making a farm that produces alot of resources which you can sell.
Strip Mining - This involves digging multiple long tunnels that are parallel to eachother.
Trading - Trading with other players or villagers.
Voting and using the slot tokens if the item you want is in the slots.

What have you learned from this ban?
I have learned that downloading and installing a resource pack that gives me an unfair advantage is bad, and puts me at risk for a well deserved ban. If I ever think of cheating again I will definitly remember this moment/ban.
I am deeply sorry for causing this trouble for the staff and the rest of the server. I will not attempt to cheat in any way anymore.

I apolagize for being unaware of the unwanted activities going on on my account, I have purchased a seperate account for my brother so that he can now play on his own account. Ill make it my responsibility to make sure that he won't cheat on that either, and that his minecraft folders will stay clean of any cheats, hacks or other unwanted software.

Again, I'm sorry for the unwanted problems and thank you for taking your time to read this.

-TrueSpace

Your balance has been reset to zero and when you log in you must turn over any diamonds/diamond tools/diamond armor to a staff member. Failure to turn all of them over will result in a re-banning. Welcome back to HomeTown.

(08-08-2018, 07:43 PM)UberDeathBunny Wrote: Your balance has been reset to zero and when you log in you must turn over any diamonds/diamond tools/diamond armor to a staff member. Failure to turn all of them over will result in a re-banning. Welcome back to HomeTown.

All Diamonds/Diamond gear has been turned in to Hiyoko.
Thank you for the second chance.