• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Poll: Ban Reselling?
Yes. It's wrong and should be punished
No.
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Shop Related Rule
I believe it was a case where with Oirch and someone getting 100k out of them
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

I strongly disagree. As staff we literally can't track everything from buying, to reselling as well as buying, crafting selling. I understand its annoying for the shop owner and seller, but if you don't want your stuff being re-sold either ban the person from your shop or make a rule about it in your shop. It's not a server rule at all. We have not ever (from what I know and have experienced) that anyone has been banned for this.
- KatNip

(08-11-2018, 04:55 AM)Greinaut Wrote: Also want to add that there is a difference between shop price exploitation and scamming.

Yeah I guess so
[Image: P4HqY8y.png]

Let's be honest, if you own a shop you've probably experienced this happening before. It's annoying and petty of a player - usually new - to strip your shop of anything that they can then make anywhere from a few cents to $5 on a stack for example.

For myself I had a problem with LifeLikeSea doing this and he was banned from my shop so I had no further problems from him, but to be honest the damage was done. I had to restock a lot of items that were picked clean because of greed.

That being said, thinking about it I didn't lose out financially in any way as my prices were reasonable and anything that was sold back to me was also at a reasonable price so the only thing I lost was time to restock (which was a ball-ache I'll grant you.)

I think the system we have now works just fine, banning someone from your shop works and if the offender comes back chances are high there will be staff on to deal with them immediately or a screenshot can be taken and it can be dealt with later.

As far as I see it, although frustrating as a shop owner, as long as you shop around and research what things are worth then you can't possibly lose any money in the long run. If you are unfortunate enough to buy for an inflated price it's a great way to learn a valuable lesson about the economy.
“Never be cruel, never be cowardly, and never ever eat pears!”

“Always try to be nice but never fail to be kind!”

“Laugh hard, run fast, be kind... “

trolls can argue but since that IS against the rules, they can get banned for it. As far as the shop situation. Current policy as I understand it is: If there is no sign at the warp in location of the shop stating that resales are not allowed, then they are considered to be allowed. If a sign exists stating that purchases at this shop may not be sold to another shop or used to stock another shop, then yes, staff can step in and possibly ban someone for the exploit. However, the act of making that against the store's policy is up to the store owner. It is not for staff to decide how a player conducts their shop.
Just enough of a Bastard to be worth liking.