• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ban Appeal - Beacon Theft
Sad 
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): The SMP survival Server

Minecraft name: DIGI0RN0 (The 0 are zeros)

Reason for your ban: I was random teleporting through the wilderness to find a certain type of wood for my house, and came across a really cool Mayan looking pyramid that I thought looked cool. I noticed a beacon on top, and knew that they were hard to get, but it would be good for our town to have, so without thinking, I just took it. 

Who banned you: Guy

Why should you be unbanned: I know that my actions were completely against the rules. No griefing is allowed EVER on the server. I am very sorry for taking the beacon, and I will never grief or steal anything again, not even if it was an inactive base. I have definitely learned my lesson about stealing, and to never steal, even if it seems like no one will notice.

Why do you want to come back: I want to come back to the server because it is one of, if not the best survival server I have ever played on. My friend's and I in real life have been playing on it for a few days and have enjoyed all of our time on it, especially staying up all night making builds and stuff. I would like to come back so I can continue having fun playing some good old survival Minecraft with my friends and supporting the server.

Once again, I am truly sorry for stealing the beacon, and I now know that I will never steal or grief on the server again. Thank you for your time and patience, and I promise this won't happen again.

Dominic.

I will want one or more sentences for each question, after which I will request that a mod or admin look at your appeal.

1) Are you allowed add/delete/harvest anybody else's built blocks (not natural), fenced in plants or fenced in animals?

2) If a player is banned can you take over their build?

3) If a build is abandoned can you remove any part of it?

4) If you accidentally break another players block what should you do?

5) Why did you take the beacon and the other blocks?

6) What have you learned from this experience?

(08-11-2018, 07:43 AM)thatguy3339 Wrote: I will want one or more sentences for each question, after which I will request that a mod or admin look at your appeal.

1) Are you allowed add/delete/harvest anybody else's built blocks (not natural), fenced in plants or fenced in animals?

1. You are never allowed to add/delete/harvest anybody's blocks, crops, or animals. There are no exceptions other than if they gave you permission.

2) If a player is banned can you take over their build?

2. If a player is banned, you still may not take over their build. If they get unbanned, or just want their builds untouched, it would be very unfortunate for them to come back to see their builds destroyed. I surely would have hated it if I came back to my whole town destroyed.

3) If a build is abandoned can you remove any part of it?

3. If a build is abandoned, you may not remove any part of it. There is no exception to the no griefing rule.

4) If you accidentally break another players block what should you do?

4. Using common sense, put the block/s back if possible. If not possible, it would be best to be honest and tell a staff member your mistake. They would probably more than willing to help you out, especially if it gets you out of a ban.

5) Why did you take the beacon and the other blocks?

5. I took the beacon and the other blocks because I honestly was too lazy to get the resources myself. I know my town needed a beacon and had interest in getting a beacon, and I thought it would have been much easier to just steal the beacon and wishing that no one noticed. Of course, it backfired.

6) What have you learned from this experience?

6. From this experience, I have learned that rules are rules, and no matter the circumstance, they must be followed. Honesty is the best policy, and at all times, I should show integrity when making decisions. It is unfair to those who worked hard to get the resources they have, when someone like me comes along and steals them away. From now on, I will never steal or grief, as I realize the effect it may have on people.

Thank you for your time,

Dominic.

Sorry for the delay, been at work all day. You have been unbanned, I will need you to return the beacon to myself or another staff member online, if you return it to another staff member just give me a heads up on this thread so I can verify. Welcome back to Hometown!!