Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
unban appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP): smp.hometownmc.com

Minecraft name: itzfoofung

Reason for your ban: grief/trespass

Who banned you: Rowebot

Why should you be unbanned: I don't actually know what I did. And also it was my first time on the server , so if I did build somewhere I wasn't suppose to, sorry... I wasn't told that I needed to build in certain places. I saw other houses near by so I built something next to them.

Why do you want to come back: I would like to finish my house...

Does it count as grief if I find someone's old base? when I was looking for iron and I noticed that their was cobblestone instead of smooth stone so I mined it and their was a base behind it. Their where no chests or important stuff just doors and some sighs that said he or she moved out.

You created a house into the cliff 30 blocks underneath and 30 blocks over from another player's house who does not come in very often and right across the main road from my /warp rabbits big complex. That is the buffer area between the two builds.

You must have permission build within 100 blocks of ANYBODY's build. You did not have permission from 2 of 3 build owners. The builder of the spawn ring roadway allows builds beside the road.

I was reluctant to rollback your build (destroying all your property including a chest) because like many do, you saw other houses near spawn and thought you could build. There are too many for staff to catch unless they are too near our builds or a builder complains. And unlike the other 2 builders I banned on the same day too close to my complex, you did not grief other people's blocks or steal in the process of building your house. My handful of torches that I put in the short mining tunnels, I don't count -- I got fed up with mobs spawning where I harvest trees.

And yes it counts as grief the moment you mined the cobblestone at an old base -- that was someone else's built block -- you are not allowed to touch them -- even if you put them back after.

Unfortunately, you cannot count on signs because anyone can put up a sign. You need to get a staff member to confirm that the owner put up the sign through the coreprotect logs.

---//---

1) Do you understand what you did wrong with trespass (building too close without permission)?

2) Do you understand how you griefed (added lots of blocks to another person's area, removed torches and a cobblestone block)?

3) Do you promise to not do these things again?

---//---

If yes, yes and yes, then we can discuss a free plot and building materials in my quiet town with 1 active player to replace your house. This will let you get started again until you find a more desirable house location where you can build a second house.
/Rowebot

I understand I shouldn't post on ban appeals unless I'm involved but I wonder since the rule is somewhat vague.

I've understood that you CAN build within 100 blocks of a building but if the owner of any structure closer than 100 blocks that was there before you ends up not liking it, then you'll be forced to move it, not that simply building within 100 blocks from someone is a violation of the rules instantly. I've also seen staff follow that for a while now.

So what is the exact definition and can it be more accurately displayed in the rules?
[Image: 44d3388ebe.jpg]

(03-05-2016, 05:32 PM)Alyex227 Wrote: I understand I shouldn't post on ban appeals unless I'm involved but I wonder since the rule is somewhat vague.

I've understood that you CAN build within 100 blocks of a building but if the owner of any structure closer than 100 blocks that was there before you ends up not liking it, then you'll be forced to move it, not that simply building within 100 blocks from someone is a violation of the rules instantly. I've also seen staff follow that for a while now.

So what is the exact definition and can it be more accurately displayed in the rules?

https://hometownmc.com/forums/showthread...d=27#pid27

The act of building within 100 blocks of someone else or having a build within 100 blocks of someone elses is a violation of the rules UNLESS you have the permission of the owner, lack of objection is not consent. Staff typically won't pursue it though without an owner complaining not because they wont, but because it is harder to find grief like that.
Sorry about that whole “shooting you” thing, but I know if you look deep into your heart, which is currently all over that tree, you’ll find a way to forgive me.

[Image: GU8OFOr.png]

1) I do know what I did wrong now . And I promise to build 100 blocks away from any players house.
2) I thought if it belonged to someone it would say you don't have permission to build here. Sorry. I do understand.
3) I promise I won't do it again and if I do ( by acident ) I soon as I get told . I will move.

Foofung, I accept you ban appeal. I need to get a more senior staff to actually unban you. When you are able to get back on, you will find an in-game mail message from me with the warp to my town.

I will build a quick little shack for you to spend the game nights in and put your name on a sign. Lock the door. You can use the town warp so save your single "/sethome" for exploring the world. There is a town mine you can use -- keep it lit as you explore. There is a town food farm and tree farm -- replant. Do not grief the other builds in town.

Look around my town and see where you would like to put a house. There are no plots laid out but something around 20x20 is ok. Put out 4 signs with your name on them and "Plot?". If I like it, i will put a sign up with ItzFooFung's House. Of course if we are both on at the same time we can meet there and work it out quicker with /msg <ign> private-chat-message and /r reply-message Smile.
/Rowebot

(03-05-2016, 06:31 PM)Wrexial33 Wrote:
(03-05-2016, 05:32 PM)Alyex227 Wrote: I understand I shouldn't post on ban appeals unless I'm involved but I wonder since the rule is somewhat vague.

https://hometownmc.com/forums/showthread...d=27#pid27

The act of building within 100 blocks of someone else or having a build within 100 blocks of someone elses is a violation of the rules UNLESS you have the permission of the owner, lack of objection is not consent. Staff typically won't pursue it though without an owner complaining not because they wont, but because it is harder to find grief like that.

We understand if this could be confusing, and what Wrex is saying is correct. In the future though, please create a new thread in another subforum for questions, as you know the rules regarding replying to ban appeals. That goes for both of you.
[Image: sVvtyQE.jpg]

(03-05-2016, 07:46 PM)Rowebot Wrote: Foofung, I accept you ban appeal.  I need to get a more senior staff to actually unban you.  When you are able to get back on, you will find an in-game mail message from me with the warp to my town.

I will build a quick little shack for you to spend the game nights in and put your name on a sign.  Lock the door.  You can use the town warp so save your single "/sethome" for exploring the world.  There is a town mine you can use -- keep it lit as you explore.  There is a town food farm and tree farm -- replant.  Do not grief the other builds in town.

Look around my town and see where you would like to put a house.  There are no plots laid out but something around 20x20 is ok.  Put out 4 signs with your name on them and "Plot?".  If I like it, i will put a sign up with ItzFooFung's House.  Of course if we are both on at the same time we can meet there and work it out quicker with /msg <ign> private-chat-message and /r reply-message Smile.

Thank you.