• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Cannot send chat message"?
EDIT: [Admin]Star logged on and helped me out. It was just that his chat settings were set to commands only. Silly me.. Sorry guys  Angel Thanks Star!

rileybru98 and I have played here for a few weeks now. We love it and have established quite the little base.

I talk in chat all the time. I'm trying to become friends with everyone and establish a genuine connection to make myself known as a fun player on the server.

Unfortunately, however-

rileybru98 cannot do that? Everytime he tries to type in the chat, it pops up as an error code saying "Cannot send chat message". It's not super important, however I'd like for him to be able to talk as well.

It does get kind of annoying when he wants to answer someone's questions or ask for help.

I'm wondering how to fix it? I have spoken with some staff (I think they were staff..) and players to figure it out and their suggestions were if he was in spawn or a shop, or if he was muted (but he wasn't either of those things).

Thanks for any support!

-Mango and rileybru98  Heart
The goal is to be a Disney prince some day  Heart

It's easy to fix by going to pause menu > Options > Chat Settings... > Change "Chat: Commands Only" to "Shown"
Developer of AdvancedGift, AdvancedAuction, and several custom HomeTown plugins.
[Image: IvjGhMb.png]