• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X-Ray Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): I was banned on the Minecraft Server.

Minecraft name: Tab1as

Reason for your ban: X-Ray

Who banned you: UberDeathBunny

Why should you be unbanned: I should be unbanned because I'm an honest person. I'll admit it, I totally X-Rayed, however under no circumstances do I plan on making the same mistake twice. To be quite honest, I didn't take the server too seriously during my time playing, I wasn't too concerned about being banned. It was only later that I realized how much I took this server for granted. Ever since, I've been looking for a similar server to play on, however I've had no luck finding one which can replicate your unique atmosphere and basic, old-school game mechanics. I can give you my word that I will never X-Ray on this hard-to-come-by server ever again, and that's the truth.

Why do you want to come back: As stated above, I totally took this server for granted. I'm simply unable to find anything like it and would love a second chance! My sister is also anxious to get back on the server. She took the fall with me as I was IP banned.

Please answer the following questions:

Why is X-raying bad?

How does X-raying affect other players?

How does X-raying affect the server’s economy?

If you really need an item what is a better way of getting it than using X-Ray?

What have you learned from this ban?
[Image: keez3aZ.png]

(08-21-2018, 12:37 AM)UberDeathBunny Wrote: Please answer the following questions:

Why is X-raying bad? This question is somewhat answered by the following two: X-Raying can negatively affect other players' experiences as there will inevitably be an abnormally decreased number of un-mined diamonds in the world. On the flip side, the economy is negatively affected because of the overload of mined diamonds in the world.  

How does X-raying affect other players? It creates a large imbalance in resources and renders diamonds harder to find whilst mining.

How does X-raying affect the server’s economy? If X-Rayers are willing to pay a large amount of diamonds for certain items (or something like this), the price will begin to rise creating it unfair for other players and the economy will eventually crash and dry out.

If you really need an item what is a better way of getting it than using X-Ray? Putting in the time, enjoying the server, or even buying it off of another player.

What have you learned from this ban? I learnt how much I actually like this server, as well as the fact that X-Raying, or really any rule breaking simply isn't worth the risk, and most importantly isn't right or fair to other players.

You have been unbanned. Your balance has been reset to 0. Please turn over all diamonds/diamond tools/diamond armor to a staff member when you log back in or you will be re-banned. Welcome back to HomeTown.

(08-21-2018, 04:24 PM)UberDeathBunny Wrote: You have been unbanned. Your balance has been reset to 0. Please turn over all diamonds/diamond tools/diamond armor to a staff member when you log back in or you will be re-banned. Welcome back to HomeTown.

Thanks, will-do.