Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ban Appeal - GreyMatterist7
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: GreyMatterist7

Reason for your ban: Xraying

Who banned you: LilDevilian

Why should you be unbanned: I definitely deserve this punishment, I did use and X-Ray texture pack. I was frustrated because my group had found a skeleton spawner and when we were working on setting up a structure around it, we accidentally mined out the spawner. We/I had been looking for another for awhile and I was getting fed up as losing the first one immensely frustrated me, though that certainly isn't an excuse, just reasoning. I turned on the resource pack, and one thing led to another. I apologize for this, greatly. I was frustrated about the spawner and against my better judgement, downloaded the resource pack, and used it. I regret this decision greatly, and now in a calmer headspace realize how stupid it was. I apologize, sincerely, and will not allow feelings over something so silly to cloud my judgment again; I will not break the rules again. 

Why do you want to come back: I have enjoyed playing daily on the server for the last month or so; I have a large group of friends who have been playing with me and I certainly don't want to lose out on that. I also just really enjoy the server itself, and appreciate how it operates as well as the other players on it. I completely understand why I was banned, and have no resentment towards any staff or anyone for that matter, even if my ban stays permanent. That being said, I'd definitely like to return to the server if possible, as I hope to continue to enjoy the fun environment it provides. Thank you.

Thank you for your honesty, it is appreciated.

In order to be unbanned, please answer these following questions:
-Why is xraying bad?
-How does xraying affect the server's economy?
-How does xraying affect other players?
-What have you learned from this ban?
I will consider unbanning you after I've read your answers, so please take your time and answer the questions thoroughly.
xo

-Why is xraying bad?
      X-raying is not only against the server rules specifically, but it also takes away from the intended experience of the game. This not only affects me as the player, but can impact the server as a whole. It gives the user an unfair advantage over other users, potentially allowing the user, me in this situation, to abuse the resources or findings acquired from using Xray. It is banned for a reason, and I do regret breaking the rule against it.

-How does xraying affect the server's economy?
     As I previously stated, the items I acquire while using X-ray can be abused in shops, trades, etc. I will have essentially freely (or much more easily) been able to acquire forms of currency which I could then easily abuse. Had I instead mined normally or gathered my resources legitimately, I would have no unfair advantage and would not be able to abuse the servers economy as I could with x-rayed resources, as my chances to find these items would be the same as any other players'.

-How does xraying affect other players?
    I would essentially be able to progress in the game and complete certain tasks much easier than other players, and in much less time. While other players may spend hours searching for diamonds or iron for a beacon or other uses, I could find all of those resources within minutes. It means that my playing experience is a lot easier than another players', and not the way the game was intended to be played. I would not be on the same even ground as other players, which is clearly unfair.

-What have you learned from this ban?
     I have learned not only to be more cognizant of my actions, especially in regards to the server, but that my actions can definitely have drastic consequences which I should not just laugh off. As I have reflected on my actions and how they resulted in my being banned, I have come to understand that though I was upset, there were no real excuses for my actions whatsoever, and that I do not deserve any unfair advantage over any other players. I undoubtedly regret my decision to x-ray, and do not think there is any excuse to break the server rules, especially this one, as they clearly exist for a reason. I appreciate this platform to explain myself no matter the outcome. If unbanned, I will not break the server rules again. Thank you.

You have been unbanned. Upon login in, please turn in all the items you've gotten from xraying to a member of staff. Your balance has also been reset.

Welcome back to HomeTown, I apologize for the delayed response.
xo