• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
xEviscerated Ban Appeal
Brick 
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: xEviscerated

Reason for your ban: breaking multiple player shop rules and using slurs in chat 

Who banned you: AmbularD

Why should you be unbanned: I think I should be unbanned because I was unaware of the shop rules where you couldn't buy from one shop and resell to another. If I had known this, I would have acted upon the situation differently. I thought it was right to take advantage of two shops which had very distant price points for the same ore, that being the emerald. I now understand that such exploitation is not acceptable on HT and that it is immoral. For the slurs in chat, I recall only typing "GAY" once, and while I hate to say it, is not a registered slur and was not directly at anyone. I will now keep the chat clean if I was to make a return to HT.  

Why do you want to come back: I want to come back because It's the only reason I still play Minecraft to begin with because it's such a good time to play on the server. I was excited for the 1.13 update and all that comes along with that. If I return to HT I promise to not recommit my crimes and to look into things before I do them incase they're against the rules. 

-Zach (xEviscerated)  Smile

(08-22-2018, 05:57 AM)xEviscerated Wrote: Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: xEviscerated

Reason for your ban: breaking multiple player shop rules and using slurs in chat 

Who banned you: AmbularD

Why should you be unbanned: I think I should be unbanned because I was unaware of the shop rules where you couldn't buy from one shop and resell to another. If I had known this, I would have acted upon the situation differently. I thought it was right to take advantage of two shops which had very distant price points for the same ore, that being the emerald. I now understand that such exploitation is not acceptable on HT and that it is immoral. For the slurs in chat, I recall only typing "GAY" once, and while I hate to say it, is not a registered slur and was not directly at anyone. I will now keep the chat clean if I was to make a return to HT.  

Why do you want to come back: I want to come back because It's the only reason I still play Minecraft to begin with because it's such a good time to play on the server. I was excited for the 1.13 update and all that comes along with that. If I return to HT I promise to not recommit my crimes and to look into things before I do them incase they're against the rules. 

-Zach (xEviscerated)  Smile

All right, so.  From where I'm standing, it looks like you either:

(a) Didn't stop to think there was anything odd about someone paying out $72 for a single emerald when no one else on the server was offering more than maybe five bucks a pop, which would suggest you're not very smart.

OR

(b) You did notice that it was odd, and assumed either that I wasn't very smart, or that I'd made a typo on the sign (which is what actually happened) and decided it was okay to say nothing and take advantage of that.  Either way, it was just a dick move.

HOWEVER, none of that is the reason you were banned.  If you had just traded a bunch of emeralds off of villagers, sold them to me and said nothing to anyone, there would have been very little I could do about it.  You were banned because both Steasaur and I have had signs up for months forbidding players to do what you did, and not only did you ignore both signs and take me for $60k in direct violation of our posted shop rules, you then went into server chat and bragged about it, which was itself a direct violation of Server Rule #1.  That alone, for which I have logs and multiple witnesses, was grounds for a ban.  The gay remark (and other annoyances that got you kicked that evening) was just the icing on the cake.

If you want me to unban you, first, you owe Steasaur and me an apology.  Second, upon your return to the server, I want my $60k back, minus the actual price you paid for the emeralds (which according to Stea's shop sign would be $3 per stone, or about $2500.  You owe me $57,500.)  And finally, if permitted to return, you stay out of warp Godstuff, warp Prism, and also warp BobRoss.  If you're found on the premises of any of those shops, or commit any other rules infractions, I'll permaban you or recommend that any other staff members who issue a ban reject any further appeals on your part.  Clear?

I apologize for my actions to you and Steasaur and will pay you 57.5k upon return to the server.

Correction: I miscalculated, the amount due is $55.5k.

You have been unbanned. Don't make me regret it.