Wait and update current map later
44.12%
30 44.12%
Total 68 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[UNOFFICIAL POLL] Map reset
(08-25-2018, 11:11 PM)Sky Wrote: I can understand that it will help player growth but I see a few cons, we only just had an event were many people got some great loot... that would be gone in the reset.
Long lasting shops and builds, especially uber? new buysell is gonna go?
Many plug in's still won't be up for a while, so we will be a lot more basic

I am for the reset... Will re-build bigger and better knowing the mistakes I made and how to avoid them.

If the server resets I'll lose almost $200,000 in vehicles but I'm all for it because it's what the server needs.
It's a prehistoric planet Morty.
Someone has to bring a little culture,
And It Certainly Can't Be SomeOne

WHO'S ENTIRE CULTURE POWERS MY BRAKE LIGHTS

I really am hoping that the server will not reset... It would be a shame, and not to mention really upsetting to let all those hours of building go to waste. Just giving my input. Thanks.

I honestly would prefer no map updates unless the Staff is presented with no other operation to proceed. I have put a lot of effort into some builds that would tear my heart if reset. But resets are common in other servers, and 1.13 is very enticing with some new stuff.
Honestly, I'd say try to stick w/ the 12.2 map unless a reset is inevitable.

I'm all for a map reset, but have a small suggestion which may ease the pain of a reset for those who don't want it.

Years ago, when resetting maps on a sever I used to own we used to allow players to each keep one double chest of items to take through to the new world with them. This meant that people could take items that they were attached to and also take a collection of stuff to start their first build on the new map. It worked really well and we largely avoided the mud/cobble houses that happen with a new map. I think I ran it as a separate world that had overlap between the old and new maps, making it available for 1 week before the reset and 2 weeks after then removing it.

I hope that all makes sense...otherwise all up for resetting!

I don't think people would be happy if their friends brought a dchest full of DIamond blocks
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

Why not? their friends brought a chest of diamond blocks, more to go round, helps the economy...
Mechanic, Landrover lover, dont let me near a welder and an oxy torch Big Grin

[Image: CZo9VnF.png]

Odd that it's being pushed for when there is still an alternative to a reset. A lot of people stand to lose vast amounts of time they invested in the server. Last time this happened it drove players to either leave or for a few, start a new server. To me, it seems that the people who are affected the most are the people who have been playing casually because, to me, when the last reset happened I lost a lot of interest in the game for a while. I had just finished a large build and getting it taken away after 6 months of steady building made me lose all desire to return to HT for quite a while.  I would be eager for HT not to repeat the reset, especially when it hasn't even been that long since the last one.

As to Shisuan's comment about having more builds than most, I'd agree that you probably do, but I imagine that has something to do with the time you are able to dedicate to the server (not insulting, pls dont hate). I wouldn't call you a casual player of the server, obviously an admin needs to not be, but you have a drive that people who come on once in a while to chat and work slowly on projects don't have. I think it's these people who would be hit the most by the reset, and who would probably be the ones the server would lose ( Like how wiseman738's wiseminster, which im fairly confident rivals all your builds, was built over a long time by a lot of people. When the server reset, he left. As did other people)

Well, y'know, thats just, like, my opinion, man. But yeah, i think HT would lose a few people who maybe not everyone would miss, but its a worry of mine.

@clem it's been two years since the last reset.

Sky, it would hurt it more? Some people wouldn't realize they could bring a chest, and some can't afford a chest of Diamond blocks, plus it would take the "Full" out of full reset
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

I mean, I would be for a reset if I could keep a majority of my items that I have including building materials and what not. Some people like myself just do not have the time to go and collect resources and rely on player shops for resources to build in the first place.