Wait and update current map later
44.12%
30 44.12%
Total 68 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[UNOFFICIAL POLL] Map reset
This is a poll to gauge the user opinion on whether or not the server should update to 1.13. Before I get your opinion you need to understand a few things:

1. If the server updates, as of right now, we would require a complete map reset 
2.The server would be able to update on short notice to 1.13 (we'd need a week or so to prepare the server resources (spawn, shop, tutorial, etc)
3. a complete map reset may not be required if we wait a there MAY be a chance we can update the current 1.12.2 map to 1.13
4. Being able to upgrade the 1.12 map is not guaranteed, and may not work properly
5.The current map would still be accessible after the update, but unfortunately the two maps are not compatable on the same server at the moment so that map would take the place on old.hometownmc.com
6. some reports I've heard are that 1.13 is buggy right now.
7.A lot of new players are  leaving because the server hasn't updated, people join and want to play 1.13
8. THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL SERVER POLL. THIS POLL IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY 

So here are the options:
1. Update the server to 1.13 and Reset the map now
2. Wait to reset and try to convert the 1.12 map later

Thumbs Up 
There are a lot of gray areas that can come with this topic, but I think we should update the server, to promote server growth and more. As long as we still have the ability to claim, and grief prevention, I feel we should be alright in the long run. The bugs shouldn't be a huge problem/issue; as of three days ago, 128 bugs were repaired in the 1.13.1 update (Source: https://goo.gl/tYzCoU). Of course, there's a whole lot of other questions like what'll happen to our money/belongings/artmaps/vehicles/etc, but in the end, I think change would be a good thing.

(08-25-2018, 03:48 PM)DeaDCorE Wrote: This is a poll to gauge the user opinion on whether or not the server should update to 1.13. Before I get your opinion you need to understand a few things:

1. If the server updates, as of right now, we would require a complete map reset 
2.The server would be able to update on short notice to 1.13 (we'd need a week or so to prepare the server resources (spawn, shop, tutorial, etc)
3. a complete map reset may not be required if we wait a there MAY be a chance we can update the current 1.12.2 map to 1.13
4. Being able to upgrade the 1.12 map is not guaranteed, and may not work properly
5.The current map would still be accessible after the update, but unfortunately the two maps are not compatable on the same server at the moment so that map would take the place on old.hometownmc.com
6. some reports I've heard are that 1.13 is buggy right now.
7.A lot of new players are  leaving because the server hasn't updated, people join and want to play 1.13
8. THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL SERVER POLL. THIS POLL IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY 

So here are the options:
1. Update the server to 1.13 and Reset the map now
2. Wait to reset and try to convert the 1.12 map later

one other thing if we wait i may be able to convince frost to do a resworld reset and border expansion

My opinion is no reset, I think a lot of people have put a lot of effort into builds, farms, shops on 1.12 and we still have a lot of the map to explore and possible expansion as you said. I think we should do resworld reset and convert 1.12 map at a later point, we get the best of both worlds (figuratively lol), new items, blocks, and extra physic's with our 1.12 map too. I hope others feel the same as that helicarrier was so close to completion.
Mechanic, Landrover lover, dont let me near a welder and an oxy torch Big Grin

[Image: CZo9VnF.png]

As always Im all for a reset, We have no idea how long it will take for a mapconversion if there will be one. And I have more builds then most.

Are we talking about complete server map reset or just the overworld reset?
-0,0 days without a sh*tpost

-Forum dwelling since 2015! 

complete reset... balances... maps everything

Aight, i was just wondering
-0,0 days without a sh*tpost

-Forum dwelling since 2015! 

i am all for a reset tbh, i am slowly running out of room and there is constant grief in my areas. and it would give everyone time to make new stuff and form new cities or recreate old stuff and enjoy the new world generation
"Permit my hazard into your plight. Once life sucked, now 'tis alright?" -Epros, Okage Shadow King

On one hand, a reset would allow new players to catch up. On the other hand, everyone who has spent time building stuff would have to start all over again. I have mixed feelings about a reset.
forums dwelling cow
spending more time on the forums than ingame
ok bye