• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to Multiplayer
I'm new to multiplayer mc and this is my first server, but I'm excited to be here and ready to build. You might find a few boarding houses sprinkled around the world- I usually build them as pit stops and welcome anyone to use them. If there is a way to make public chests and forges, please let me know. Also, if anyone could recommend me a how-to with the server basics (not just the rules, I got those down pat, I mean more like warp recommendations etc) I would really appreciate it. Excited to play with you all!

For making chests and furnaces (And any container/door etc) public you can do /unlock and punch it.

As for server basics you should definitely check out /warp faq as it has some really good information.

And of course, Welcome to Hometown!

Welcome to hometown!
As guy covered make sure to check /warp faq, it shows ways to earn money, how to claim land, and some pretty cool stuff. I reccomend going!
Also make sure to be a part of our community, and talk to us Tongue we would be happy to talk to you back Tongue
My name is Cil and Im ThatOneWolfe in game, so just mail me if you need anything!
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

So here are some quick basics:
1) many players have created public use farms (crop, tree, iron, etc). When using a public crop or tree farm it is important to remember to replant before you leave as not doing so is considered grief and could get you banned.
2) There are several shops players have established on the server. Most of these have access via a warp. Using warps is simply a matter of doing /warp and the name of said warp (i.e. /warp gotwood). Once you have voted to the rank of Member, you should have access to the list of warps. This can be accessed by simply doing /warp and the list will show in chat. The list is long so to get to the next page you would do /warp 2, then /warp 3, etc.
3) Most ranks are acquired by voting. This also gains you in game money, additional claim blocks, and slot tokens. To vote: use /vote and click the link to the forum it provides. Then you can click the link to the individual vote sites on that forum page. Important: vote when you are on the server. You will not get your slot tokens if you have a full inventory, are in the creative world (available by rank) or not on the server when you vote.
3 a) slot tokens are used in the slot machines at /warp slots. These slot machines give you a chance to win items. Many shops also buy tokens from players so they can be an additional source of in game money.
4) shop etiquette: To purchase at a shop, right click on the sales sign on the chest. To sell (if available) left click. It is considered bad form and in some cases banable to buy from one shop at a cheep price and sell to another shop for a mark up or to buy out the stock of one shop to supply your own.
5) Chat etiquette: It is considered rude and can result in a kick, mute, or ban, to use excessive caps (all caps for 4 or more words or 15+ characters), to overly space your words (e x a m p l e), or to spam the same message, characters, or phrases (examples: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, or repeating a message more than twice inside of a minutes time). We also encourage players to avoid discussions of race, sexuality, religion, or politics in open chat. You can always private message someone by using the command /msg player name (i.e. /msg Geckorian hi). You can reply or continue a private conversation by using the /r command followed by your message (/r hi back).
6) Towns: some players have made towns that others can live in. The town creators are responsible for establishing the rules in their town and may call upon staff to mediate a break in those rules. If you want to create your own town, feel free. Keep in mind, before opening your town to others, have a rules wall with signs that clearly list the rules of your town so if there is an issue staff can refer to those rules to help mediate. This includes rules regarding eviction from a town. When living in another person's town, be respectful of their town.
7) ranks: there are many ranks on the server and most can be explained at /warp rank. As you rank up you will gain perks such as additional sethomes, access to creative world, and access to additional commands. We also have donator ranks called VIP which give you access to additional features like /fly /setspeed and /pet. Info on VIP ranks is available on the forum's donation page.
8) Set home and /home: once you find a place to build that is at least 100 blocks from another construction, you can do /sethome [name] and the server will remember it. Then when you are out and about you can do /home [name] to go home. Additionally, you can use /home [number] and the server will teleport you to your home based on the progression it was set at (example: say you have 3 sethomes listed as home: house, farm, barn. Since "farm" is the 2nd one on the list if you did /home 2 the server would send you to /home farm). you can see a list of your set home by simply doing /home. Guest begin with 1 home set but as you rank up you will get additional homes.
9) You can access what commands you can use by doing /command. I do not recall if this is rank privileged or not.
10) Useful warps: faq, rank, rules, vote. You can also ask players in chat if there is a warp related to something you wish to know (like how to make money on the server or how to claim land). Most our players are very helpful so if you have a question you can ask in chat. Someone is bound to reply with the warp you are looking for, the command you need, or the answer to your question.

Hope this is helpful to you and you enjoy the server
Just enough of a Bastard to be worth liking.

Welcome! Hope you have a good time here and feel free to ask any questions!
- KatNip