Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: SoulOfWanderers

Reason for your ban: X-ray

Who banned you: Kat

Why should you be unbanned: To begin, I haven't played Minecraft for a solid two years. Having just begun my senior year of high school, I figured it would be a good time to indulge in a blast from the past and check out how my former favorite game had evolved over the years. Needless to say, I was blown away by how much more content had been brought into existence, and I was launched into a few-day playing streak predicated by grinding and working my way back into the community of this great game. Feeling a strong urge to play simple, unmodded survival with a friend, I searched for the best vanilla survivor servers and Hometown, as I later found, was one of the best that I could have stumbled upon. I played for a few days, built a base, and became more and more acclimated to how the server worked. However, I soon became frustrated at what I perceived was an imbalance in how resources and in-game currency may be obtained. I could gather as much iron and gold as one could ever want, but when it came to diamonds, I couldn't seem to gather more than five or ten in an hour, and when some of the more desirable items in the shops sell for several hundred dollars, even thousands, I wasn't sure how to gather the resources in a plausible amount of time. That's when a more sinister memory from my old days as a young minecrafter hit me. There was a resource pack known as x-ray that would enable you to see the location of valuable ores beneath the surface. The temptation was too great, and coupled with the fact that the same resource pack from two years ago remained in my resource pack folder and remained functional, I began to use x-ray to mine for materials that I could use to pay for these seemingly unobtainable items. While I take full responsibility for both my actions as a cheater and the words I uttered after the issuance of my ban and do not expect any lenience at all on your part, I would be indebted if you would be so kind-hearted as to allow me to continue my re-integration into the wonderful world of Minecraft. This time, I promise, it will go unimpeded and unbolstered by lowly cheating such as x-ray. You have my word. I understand the disastrous effect that xraying has on a server such as this one. It completely imbalances the economy and ruins the rest of the community's ability to wholesomely enjoy this server that has been ran on honest, hard work since its conception. I have learned from this ban that there is no reason to spoil such a great use of my time, as explained below, with a sinister activity whose only outcome is negative in all its facets. 

Why do you want to come back: I wish to return to this server simply because it is fun. There isn't much to add on to that. However, such a short word carries quite a lot on its back. To find a server with such a small, tight-knit community that has not degraded into the all-too-common rank-driven oligarchy is nothing short of a singularity. Therefore, when I reflect on the time I spent on this server, I realize that I made an enormous mistake poisoning my chance to indulge in an activity as rare and wholly entertaining as this. In short, I want to come back because life is too short to waste time on bad Minecraft servers, and if there is no possibility of me returning to this one, there is no reason for me to return to Minecraft at all. Many would say that I shouldn't be spending time on this game at all at my age, but they have not seen a server the likes of this one, the survival in which is conducive to learning skills reaching far beyond those of a simple computer game. All in all, I hope with sincerity and humbleness that I may be readmitted to this server so I may enjoy what exists to be enjoyed, this time with a chip of honesty on my shoulder. 

Answer the following with at least 2 sentences for each question:

Why is X-Raying wrong?

What have you learnt from this?

How can X-Raying disrupt the economy?
- KatNip

I answered these questions to some extent above but will be sure to thoroughly restate my thoughts.

Why is X-Raying wrong?
X-Raying is wrong because it puts the player using it at a significat advantage above other players. It inhibits the ability of other players to enjoy the game as it is meant to be enjoyed, and to be perfectly honest, it ruins the satisfaction with which I can play the game as well.
What have you learnt from this?
From this ban I have learned, as stated in my appeal, that there is no plausible reason for me to spoil a game as worthwhile as this with a malicious activity such as X-raying. I will no longer mount the unfair advantages of this cheating and play fairly from now on.
How can X-Raying disrupt the economy?
A server’s economy is built on the ability of players to gather their own resources and sell them at their behalf, consequently earning them a spot in the server’s upper echelons of financial status. X-ray allows a player to gather those resources at a much quicker rate, therefore tarnishing the efficacy of the hard work of other players and destroying the foundation of honest hard work that this server is built upon.

You will be unbanned as long as you agree to having all cheated items given to a staff member as well as your balance set to 0.
- KatNip

Yes, I fully agree to those terms. Thank you for the second chance.

You have been unbanned. Welcome back!
- KatNip

Sorry to bother you, but I tried logging in to your server and it says that my IP address has been banned. Any information as to why it says this?

I will sort the issue out now. Sorry for any inconvenience :3
- KatNip