• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We are Updating to 1.13
We will be updating to 1.13 on 9/21

First off, WE ARE NOT RESETTING THE MAP. 

There will be an 'expansion' which will have all the new 1.13 features. This 'expansion' will be in the form of another map with connected inventories and balances much like the res world - but it will be the main world. All warps, towns, sethomes, inventories, and balances will stay and NOT be reset. 

2 things will change with this update. First off all vehicles will stop working. The plugin just can't work in 1.13 and there's not much to be done about it. Secondly, new artmaps cannot be created. Old artmaps will remain and work normally, but you cannot make new ones. This will be temporary and we will get a working artmap back up soon.

Those who purchased the  vehicle package will receive a refund in shop credits worth more than what they paid for the vehicles + the vehicles back if the plugin works in the future. The details on the refund is still a work in progress but I will let you all know.

This will also mean the server will be down for most of the day.

Some other major things which are expected to change, break or need updates:

- Alternating water/sign elevators will no longer function, particularly with undead, which now sink instead of floating.  You can fix a pigman elevator (as one example) by taking the following steps:
  • Place a block of soulsand at the bottom of the elevator water column (pigmen must step onto it to be propelled upward.)
  • Remove signs and fill every block in the water column with a water source block.
  • Install a snowman at the same level as the bottom of the water column (where the pigmen will need to enter it) to aggro and to knock them into the column with snowballs.
  • If necesssary, increase the height of the elevator to allow time for the pigmen to de-aggro; the new bubble elevators are fast!  I found in testing that a height of about 36-37 water source blocks seems to work; maybe say 40 to be safe.
  • This might or might not work with skeletons, as they could potentially shoot the snowmans.  (Has anyone tried to make a skellyvator in 1.13?)
- AFK pools will need to be altered slightly.  See this video for details:
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWiEF-gMOGc
- AFK fish farms and guardian farms also need changes, please Google for details.

- Ink sacs will be harder to come by due to squid changes.

- Items and XP orbs will now float in water.

- Texture packs that haven't been updated for 1.13 may still function for old blocks, but won't have any textures for the new stuff.  Best bet is to try it and see how it works.  I was able to cobble together an acceptable (hopefully temporary) solution for the 1.12 pack I use by stealing some bits from a different, updated pack and making a few new textures myself.

- Phantoms are a thing, they're highly annoying, but they will go away if you lie in bed for a few seconds.

- As of this writing, Optifine for version 1.13.1 is close to completed, but hasn't yet been released.  (A pre-release version is available for download, but so far I haven't been able to get it to install.)

yay! Also, #FIRST

[Image: 7bNhSIS.png]

I got a couple of questions about this,
1. Will this new world be forever, or will it be reset periodically
2. how will a new artmap be back up (artmap creator ditched)
3. Will we be able to use 1.13 blocks in the creative world,
4. Will phantoms spawn in the world we have now, or just the 1.13 world
    (Also will phantoms attack you if someone elses phantoms appear)
5. Will there be a slot machine that has Conduits
6. Will there be a new end world?
7. Will there be a new nether world?
8. How big will this new world be?
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

(09-17-2018, 04:26 AM)Anonymouse Wrote: I got a couple of questions about this,
1. Will this new world be forever, or will it be reset periodically
2. how will a new artmap be back up (artmap creator ditched)
3. Will we be able to use 1.13 blocks in the creative world,
4. Will phantoms spawn in the world we have now, or just the 1.13 world

1. New world will be forever,  it will be the main world alongside the current world. New players will spawn in this world by default.

2. I have a custom made version of artmap fully working in 1.13, just needs further testing.

3. Yes

4. It will spawn in both worlds

(09-17-2018, 04:26 AM)Anonymouse Wrote: 4. Will phantoms spawn in the world we have now, or just the 1.13 world
    (Also will phantoms attack you if someone elses phantoms appear)
5. Will there be a slot machine that has Conduits
6. Will there be a new end world?
7. Will there be a new nether world?
8. How big will this new world be?
I accidentally pressed tab and Idk if you saw these questions.

Oh, I also have another question, Will there be build comps for the re-addition of this 1.13 update
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

How big will the world border be, asking this because coral reefs are gonna be snatched up pretty quickly, limiting who can access them (re the 100 block rule) also wrecks and monuments and treasure maps will be snapped up with the first few days.
Will the resource world also be reset again to help with this.
I am gathering the new blocks can be carried and used in the old world.
[img][Image: MzzZfHb.jpg?2][/img]

This is a fine detail, but just to clarify, version 1.13, and not version 1.13.1?

Also: Thank you for taking your time to make a custom version of artmap for the update. I'd like to request that we can now put feathers/coal into a bucket. The last time I checked on GitHub, the latest version before the creator ditched allowed you to do it, but I could not do it on the HT server, leaving me to believe the version we were doing was outdated. Thank you once again.
[Image: xBZySNt.png]

This may be a dumb question but here it goes, I understand vehicles won't work, does that include the flying brooms?
What on earth could be more luxurious than a sofa, a book, and a cup of coffee. -Anthony Trollope

(09-17-2018, 09:44 AM)Grim4 Wrote: This may be a dumb question but here it goes, I understand vehicles won't work, does that include the flying brooms?

Yes, that includes the flying brooms.
xo