• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP.

Minecraft name: Grrawesomeness

Reason for your ban: Trespassing / Grief

Who banned you: derpedos

Why should you be unbanned: I think I should be unbanned because I never wish to bring harm upon others in the server, and do plan on being more careful if I am allowed back of where I am and what I am allowed to do in those areas. Also, although I may have somehow brought harm upon others, I would like to apologize as well to those I may have caused harm to in the form of trespassing or griefing. For I have no memory of ever trespassing or griefing others, I am open to the fact that I may have accidentally done so, and wish for help in understanding exactly what I've done.

Why do you want to come back: I want to come back because HomeTown is a lovely server, full of lovely people. I have made a few friends on this server that simply could not be found elsewhere, and I wish to continue to give in to HomeTown by helping others as much as I can, as I try my best to help other players when I have the necessary means of doing so, I want to continue helping other players in the small ways that I have. I also want to continue having fun on this server, as it is one of the only servers of two I actively play on, and I wish to return to continue having fun.

You say it was a mistake, however your actions say otherwise. Ink_Mashiro had placed a build above a sea temple they were planning to renovate, along with a sign saying "Claimed by Ink_Mashiro;" the sign which you decided to remove and replace with a new sign saying "No one owns natural stuff." Seems pretty intentional to me.

https://prnt.sc/l0mstg

When I did a rollback on the radius of the sea temple for you specifically, there were approximately 400 blocks removed, along with 3 elder guardians. 

https://prnt.sc/l0mtf4
[Image: g2NnfopJTvWZE_YwIlgVCA.png]

(10-01-2018, 07:28 AM)derpedo Wrote: You say it was a mistake, however your actions say otherwise. Ink_Mashiro had placed a build above a sea temple they were planning to renovate, along with a sign saying "Claimed by Ink_Mashiro;" the sign which you decided to remove and replace with a new sign saying "No one owns natural stuff." Seems pretty intentional to me.

https://prnt.sc/l0mstg

When I did a rollback on the radius of the sea temple for you specifically, there were approximately 400 blocks removed, along with 3 elder guardians. 

https://prnt.sc/l0mtf4

Ah, I can see where the problem lies. My understanding of natural structures, as I observed earlier that day in the chat, was that no single player could own a naturally spawned structure as I saw staff discussing it, if my memory serves, it may have been Hiyoko discussing that players couldn't own such temples and other naturally spawning structures and claim them for their own. (Though my memory isn't the greatest, my assumption of who could have mentioned it in chat could very much be wrong, though I know for fact I did in fact see a staff member discussing such things in the HomeTown visual chat), so, when I came across the temple, of which was yet to be defeated, I used the logic of what I saw earlier and reaped what I saw fair game.

It is still to my understanding that players must build upon these structures in order for their to be proper claim, as I saw discussed, and a simple sign claiming the area did not count, as mentioned by the staff discussing it, and all I saw was the single sign, and the single chest. There was no additional build to the temple as far as I'm aware.

Though, if one were to wish for me to return the blocks that I took from that specific temple, I would not have a problem in returning the blocks taken, and simply taking more caution in what naturally spawned structures to take from.