• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ban Appeal 10/1/18: Otto_Von_BIsmarck#0199 (Discord Ban)
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): DISCORD

Minecraft name: Minerdeviant / Otto_Von_Bismarck#0199

Reason for your ban: Excessive Disrespect towards another player

Who banned you: DerpNut / AmbularD

Why should you be unbanned: I would like to be unbanned from the discord server on account of 2 reasons, The first being the lack of warning towards the ban from the server, I was not given any warning from the admin (In this case Derpnut) or The supposed victim of this problem that the comments made between JackAtax11, PlantAssassin15, Epsilon or any others that discussed the matter, given the circumstances I was given no indication from "OzTheGreatAndCrafty" (who I decided to unmute around this time) that my comments made him feel disrespected in any meaningful way, WHILE he was entering my base repeatedly without my permissions, building on JackAtax11 half of the island without his permissions and trying to get PlantAssassin15 and myself banned from the server with his "Mafia" group. The other fact is that I was banned while speaking to Duck for a completely different subject when derp banned both myself and Jack for apparently no reason without giving us details on our ban. to acquire details On this ban I had to ask [guardian]Guy for details. I would also like to ask If PlantAssassin15 and OzTheGreatandCrafty are banned because Oz was just as disrespectful to Jack, plant and me. I also have no record of Oz contacting me about this issue and if he could provide the Logs, I will gladly cross reference with my own.

Why do you want to come back: The reasons I wish to be unbanned from the discord is because It allows me to connect with the community of HomeTown over discord and streamline communication with other players . 

While I will leave this to Derp and AmbularD, I wanted to note that this is your 4th ban since June.
Just enough of a Bastard to be worth liking.

(10-02-2018, 04:35 PM)Hey Geckorian Wrote: While I will leave this to Derp and AmbularD, I wanted to note that this is your 4th ban since June.

I Understand that this is my 4th ban appeal since June and hat it may seem I am disregarding any lessons I have learned but I would like to point out 

A) my first ban appeal I was not actually banned I just lost connection to the game (note that I wrote a ADEPT banned me) so that actually was ban appeal that I wasn’t banned for :b I just thought I was banned. so this is only my 3rd REAL ban appeal and first DISCORD ban Appeal.

B) I do feel this ban is partially unfair, in that we were banned without warning from derp and given no information on the ban from derp as well as the fact that OztheGreatAndCrafty that our comments were excessively disrespectful and the fact that Oz was also disrespectful and trying to get plant and myself banned through his “mafia” building on jack’s claim repeatedly without permission  after being asked not to and constantly bothering jack and myself in chat (which is my I /ignored him in game and muted him in discord) constantly sending TPA to jack after repeatedly being asked not to. So from my perspective I was not even aware i passed into Treshold of “excessively” disrespectful towards OztheGreatandcrafty

I'm sorry to otto in any way I'm sorry for annoying you otto you should not be banned I'm sorry for the excessive annoyance too you i should be banned for what i have done to you on countless occasions I'm sorry. i also did not say that he was annoying me on discord he is fine and is pretty nice to even at times when i annoy him.

I'm going to be restarting many of the points I made on Jack's appeal. The week leading up to this ban all staff members were warned that the three of you had been relentless in picking on OZthegreatandcraft. Along with that, a number of them have told me that the three of you have, in fact, received warnings. 

Regarding your accusations against OZthegreatandcrafty, I personally have not witnessed any of these events. I am aware that the four of you feuded consistently online and was under the impression that each issue had been dealt with accordingly. If you truly believe that he should be banned, I will require you to provide any possible evidence regarding that case. 

Now, in regards to PLantAssassin15, he will not be banned unless he starts acting up again. Before banning the two of you, I consulted other staff members about the issue, and learned that all of you have received warnings. Despite these warnings, PLantAssassin15 seems to be the only one that listened. 

As I told Jack, OZthegreatandcrafty's lack of indication towards your distasteful behaviour means nothing, Neither of you are children, and I'm very sure you are capable of being aware of your own actions. What matters here is that you were being rude towards another player. You are an active player, and, having been banned multiple times already, I'm sure you're familiar with what is and what isn't allowed on this server. 

Last night, I had decided to join the call with you, Jackactax, and OZthegreatandcrafty, well aware of the issues that had arisen earlier that week. Upon joining, I immediately understood the issue. You were constantly picking on OZ for completely nothing, regularly calling him annoying and a bother, and joking around saying you Should teleport him to your base to, more or less, have his player killed (don't even try arguing that it was just a joke, you know damn well you shouldn't say things like that). You and Jack were constantly talking about how you wanted nothing but to avoid him, all of this being said straight to his face. 

Now, I understand if you don't like him. That's allowed. However, what is not allowed is unfairly pestering somebody who is unable to defend himself. Learn some manners and maturity next time and simply separate yourself from the player, or avoid talking to them in the first place. 

Unlike Jack, this isn't your first ban. The impression you're giving off here is that you don't have much of a regard for our rules and you clearly didn't learn your lesson the first few times. In addition to that, I can say for sure that you were the instigator, a fact that only digs you into a deeper hole. I want you to prove you deserve to be unbanned. Answer each of the following questions with a minimum of four sentences each. I fully expect them to be well thought out and sincere. 

Why did you feel the need to bully this player?

Why don't you follow the warnings you have been given over time?

What do you gain from all of this?

Why were your actions wrong?

In addition to that, I expect a full, sincere apology to OZthegreatandcrafty. I do not care if he isn't offended by this. You violated our rules and did things you knew you weren't supposed to. I expect that you grow up and learn some decency. Clean up your act, Otto.
[Image: g2NnfopJTvWZE_YwIlgVCA.png]

To be quite frank on this I shall answer the 4 questions in a sincere and honest manner. I will NOT however write a apology to OzGreatAndCrafty for his excessive behavior and repeated ignoring of our requests. AS WELL as the fact that he Did take several actions that where in blatant disregard of the build My laws on the server regarding land lease and the express rules of the island discussed by jackatax11. Further more I have been informed that you where LAUGHING at me and Jack when we were confused about the loss of connection and acting in a extremely unprofessional manor.

I shall answer the 4 questions in a sincere and honest manor. But I shall not write a apology as it is against my moral and ethical beliefs to write a sincere apology to a Peterson who does not deserve such

If you do not meet all of my requirements I will not even consider unbanning you.

(10-03-2018, 08:53 AM)derpedo Wrote: If you do not meet all of my requirements I will not even consider unbanning you.

considering I will not back down from my moral and ethical beliefs, I must state again I shall answer the 4 questions sincerely and honestly but I WILL NOT write a apology as I will not be able to write a sincere or honest  apology to Oz for his actions that you seem to be favouring in the current situation. 
I am willing to discuss and compromise on this issue, however I feel like this issue is also being heavily affected by our previous interactions. I have been discussing this issue with people close to myself and I would like to suggest a compromise: "I will write a apology to OzGreatAndCrafty for all the things I have done IF he in turn writes a apology for the things he has done to me" I am willing to compromise and I am open to suggestions, however I will iterate again that I feel this ban has been soured by our previous interactions. 

"what is not allowed is unfairly pestering somebody who is unable to defend himself" (6th paragraph) I would like to point out that A: he has pestered myself, plant and jack and B: he has defended himself and we both muted/ignored each other IGN and in Discord. 

"I expect that you grow up and learn some decency. Clean up your act, Otto." (last paragraph) Interesting use of a Ad Hominem attack and using a low blow against a lower ranking person who is unable to defend themselves. I would like to point out this is the same behavior you were condemning in line 6 (seen in the previous paragraph) 

"The impression you're giving off here is that you don't have much of a regard for our rules and you clearly didn't learn your lesson the first few times." (Paragraph 7) another ad hominem attack, I will point out again I have only been banned TWICE (once for X-Ray and the other for a failure to find a destroy a UnderSea Sea Pickle Swastika) to state that I do not have much regard for your rules and did not learn my lesson the first few times completely disregards the aftermath of those bans.

I will finish in conclusion again that I shall answer the 4 questions sincerely and honestly and I am open to compromise on the Apology.

Clearly, you’re not understanding the lesson trying to be taught. Appeal denied.