• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not leaving for a year!
(10-06-2018, 11:13 AM)Ender_Muncher Wrote: Pengu, If you're using a MacBook, HotSpot VPN in the app store, on some occasions, can be used if a network blocks VPN. My school blocks VPN as well and HotSpot VPN isn't blocked somehow, so you may find some luck using that. It CLAIMS it has a paid subscription, but just keep scrolling past it until you find the X at the bottom and close it, and it's free to use from there. Good Luck in uni xx

I can't use VPNs. Pretty much every VPN site or software download has been blocked. Also, if they can block Tor with bridges then there's really not much hope.

Also, who the fuck uses a MacBook. ew
[Image: P4HqY8y.png]

Looking forward to when u get back

So I found out from my university gaming society that ALL minecraft servers are blocked except for their own server, which you have to pay to play on.

Rip me I guess

i use a MacBook, what about it?.. ?
[Image: oE7TFS5.jpg]

(10-08-2018, 07:15 AM)Ender _Muncher Wrote: i use a MacBook, what about it?..  ?

Ewewwww

Tongue lol
[Image: oE7TFS5.jpg]

Right well I'm off again. It was great to spend time with you guys over christmas and new year! You're all amazing and these last couple weeks have made me realise how much I've missed hometown while at university.

Tomorrow night I'll be on for the last time before I go back, so this is goodbye to everyone who I don't get the chance to say it to in person. I'll try to be around on discord a bit more often, but to be honest my university life consists of work, eating, and then passing out immediately till the next day so no promises made

By the next time I come back (probably easter) my 5th anniversary on hometown will have passed, too. So woo go hometown I guess!!?? To think I've been on here for more than a quarter of my life now...

https://fossbytes.com/how-to-access-bloc...easy-ways/

One of these might help.

[Image: 7bNhSIS.png]

So I tested out the minecraft console client and it works. I can now log in and read chat, but can't actually play the game. I think this is because MCC uses the HTTP port whereas minecraft uses a port in the 20,000+ range, which are all blocked since they are mostly used by video games.

I'm trying to work out a way to mod my minecraft client to run over port 80, but I have had no success as of yet since I can't find any source code anywhere Sad

The only thing I can find that would allow you to change the port would be a VPN based on a comment I saw. Not sure which ones do that though.

[Image: 7bNhSIS.png]