• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Misunderstanding
Dear whoever responds to ban appeals,

Good Evening sir who responds to the ban appeals, this is Arathio and I am appealing a ban I received for stealing a beacon. I would like to start by saying that I had absolutely no idea that taking a beacon was grounds to be banned over. Had I known i never would have taken it in the first place. Without a doubt I have no problem returning the beacon and the corresponding iron blocks. However in light of this seemingly random ban I would recommend that if this is a bannable offense wherein server surveillance is utilized to identify obstructions, that the beacons be put under a claim, or some other action should be taken in advance to avoid this in the future. I only make this recommendation so this may be avoided in the future. But I can assure you this will not happen in the future should I be unbanned

To follow the format:

Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): smp.hometownmc.com

Minecraft name: Arathio

Reason for your ban: taking beacon

Who banned you: Guy

Why should you be unbanned: I Never knew it was against any rule to take an unclaimed beacon and I never meant for this to happen and i will certainly return any blocks taken from the experience

Why do you want to come back: I have spent many long hours with my friends BLutzguts, Vic777c, HokusPocusDokus, and Dragusha building a little thriving city that I would not like to lose any progress in

Sincerely,
                                                Arathio

https://hometownmc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=3

Please follow the proper ban appeal format found in this link.

(10-08-2018, 10:14 AM)thatguy3339 Wrote: https://hometownmc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=3

Please follow the proper ban appeal format found in this link.

I apologize about the initial error, I was reupdating it as You viewed it, I applaud your swiftness in your response

Alright so here's the deal, on our server we take grief and theft very seriously, regardless of whether something is claimed with claimblocks or not. As such, I'm gonna need you to answer a few questions for me. Please answer each with one-two sentences each.

1) Are you allowed add/delete/harvest anybody else's built blocks (not natural), fenced in plants or fenced in animals?

2) If a player is banned can you take over their build?

3) If a build is abandoned can you remove any part of it?

4) If you accidentally break another players block what should you do?

5) Why did you take the beacon and the nearby shulker box?

6) What have you learned from this experience?

(10-08-2018, 10:22 AM)thatguy3339 Wrote: Alright so here's the deal, on our server we take grief and theft very seriously, regardless of whether something is claimed with claimblocks or not. As such, I'm gonna need you to answer a few questions for me. Please answer each with one-two sentences each.

1) Are you allowed add/delete/harvest anybody else's built blocks (not natural), fenced in plants or fenced in animals?

2) If a player is banned can you take over their build?

3) If a build is abandoned can you remove any part of it?

4) If you accidentally break another players block what should you do?

5) Why did you take the beacon and the nearby shulker box?

6) What have you learned from this experience?
In my decade of playing Minecraft I do not believe I ever have run into a server as gungho about rules as this server.

1.)I am going to assume not as you have just mentioned that you take grief very seriously.

2.) I am also going to guess not because if it is possible for them to be unbanned it would essentially be griefing.

3.) I will again guess no because the building could potentially be only temporarily abandoned, as such this act would again be considered griefing.

4.) I am assuming that if you accidentally break another persons block then you must put it back.

5.) I took the beacon and shulker box nearby because as with any server i have ever been on in the past it was what anyone would do to anything that was not under protection, it was my assumption that this server would have followed similar motives.

6.) I have learned to not touch anything unnatural that I have seen for I will be banned

Thank you for your cooperation, I have had you unbanned, when you log on please turn in any stolen items to myself or another staff member. Failure to do so may result in being rebanned. Please also make sure to review the server rules either by doing /rules in game or doing /warp rules for an even more comprehensive rundown of server rules.

Aside from that though, welcome back to Hometown!

(10-08-2018, 10:57 AM)thatguy3339 Wrote: Thank you for your cooperation, I have had you unbanned, when you log on please turn in any stolen items to myself or another staff member. Failure to do so may result in being rebanned. Please also make sure to review the server rules either by doing /rules in game or doing /warp rules for an even more comprehensive rundown of server rules.

Thank you for taking the time to review my case and have me unbanned, My only remaining question would be how exactly do I go about turning in the items? Do I request a drop by or do i tp to the homeworld?

(10-08-2018, 11:49 AM)Arathio Wrote:
(10-08-2018, 10:57 AM)thatguy3339 Wrote: Thank you for your cooperation, I have had you unbanned, when you log on please turn in any stolen items to myself or another staff member. Failure to do so may result in being rebanned. Please also make sure to review the server rules either by doing /rules in game or doing /warp rules for an even more comprehensive rundown of server rules.

Thank you for taking the time to review my case and have me unbanned, My only remaining question would be how exactly do I go about turning in the items? Do I request a drop by or do i tp to the homeworld?
If this wasn’t resolved already, you can just give them to a staff member online

[Image: Cs2f7N6VIAEpyfF.jpg:large]