• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Poll: Keep Phantoms or Disable?
This poll is closed.
Keep them! I love Phantoms!
31.91%
15 31.91%
I can't stand Phantoms! Annihilate them!
68.09%
32 68.09%
Total 47 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Official Poll: Keep or Ditch Phantoms?
Think they should go they just get in the way and it gets rid of the chance of people luring them into spawn while people are using minechat. Agree with Uber that new spawns should only be in the Resworld so we can harvest the membrane, also hoping that the ones I have named and trapped can survive the culling

I've gotten so use to them and the ways to avoid them that I say keep em. It's not hard to keep them from spawning.
Just enough of a Bastard to be worth liking.

Agreed with enabling only in Resource world. I have to close my game to walk away now instead of safely AFK'ing in the sky if I need to leave. It is very frustrating when making a large, ceiling-less build.

They're a part of minecraft. Why don't you disable trapped chests or endermites? They don't really serve a purpose anymore either but we keep em.
It's a prehistoric planet Morty.
Someone has to bring a little culture,
And It Certainly Can't Be SomeOne

WHO'S ENTIRE CULTURE POWERS MY BRAKE LIGHTS

(10-10-2018, 10:18 AM)I401 Wrote: They're a part of minecraft. Why don't you disable trapped chests or endermites? They don't really serve a purpose anymore either but we keep em.

I mean, we could also enable firespread and mob grief, but they're disabled because they piss people off and take away from the fun rather than adding to it.

I'd say keep them, it's easy enough to avoid them, just hop in bed for a few seconds and they don't bother you.
What on earth could be more luxurious than a sofa, a book, and a cup of coffee. -Anthony Trollope

I’d say only in res world. Voted yes, but only in res world
forums dwelling cow
spending more time on the forums than ingame
ok bye

(10-10-2018, 10:18 AM)I401 Wrote: They're a part of minecraft. Why don't you disable trapped chests or endermites? They don't really serve a purpose anymore either but we keep em.

You might want to do some research on this, as we DO use trapped chests for Redstone purposes and activating Redstone currents, we also use endermites for endermen farms (some enderfarms are broken so don't quote me on that), Phantoms do serve a purpose also because membranes are used to repair elytras. The reason people are angered with phantoms is because they fly and they knock you off pillars and if you keep any two blocks of your roof open, they can potentially get in. Phantoms have more of a reason to be removed, which outweigh the pluses. unlike endermites who only Sometimes spawn after you've thrown an enderpearl and barely do any damage. while phantoms nearly 100% spawn after 3 Minecraft days without spawning.

(10-10-2018, 11:18 AM)AmbularD Wrote:

I mean, we could also enable firespread and mob grief, but they're disabled because they piss people off and take away from the fun rather than adding to it.

this is also spot on ambular!
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

I asked frost about this, and he said that if popular vote was no tehy would be moved to only the res
(Don't Quote me on that)
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

Firespread is disabled, because it is a way to mass grief a large area over a prolonged time with minimal effort. Mob grief is disabled, as it is an alternative way for people to grief an area without leaving player data. Both disabled elements may also contribute to easier gameplay, however I don't believe they are disabled simply because they piss off people. On the contrary, several players have expressed the desire for firespread to be enabled to clear away forests easily.

Nevertheless, this is a non-grief, relaxing smp server; relaxing meaning that there is no end game goal and people can do whatever they want as long it doesn't violate the rules, while smp standing for survival multiplayer.

It is up the the player to find an appropriate method of surviving. I myself have tested, that it is indeed possible to afk for 10 hours without both /godmode and /fly. It is just a matter of finding a way to survive while enjoying the pleasures of minecraft.

Also, on separate relevant node, the next Minecraft update is said to have another hostile mob. In my opinion, it is silly to remove a part of the game because you no longer have the easy life and cannot adapt.
In a mmorpg sense, every game will have their nerfs and buffs, whether you can utilize is up to the player.