• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Market Balancing
So it is no secret that the server is a "free market" but the ugly face of unbalanced marketing keeps showing up. We are implementing slot machines and things like that for less common items but one thing that would really balance the servers economy as well as make players more willing to invest in gathering and selling and investing is the implementation of a market floor in the form of a server run shop. 

Before i get the readers rallied up i understand there is a /warp shop that has some things for purchase but they are an odd mix of things for only the players to sell too.

Im proposing an increase of this governmental buyback system. This would also eliminate the monumental surplus of things like gold and iron on the server. The buyback system would be a low purchase high selling store. that way for things like gold you can sell if for 10 dollars a stack then purchase it for 20 if you are in a pinch. It would include buying and selling of really every common block / item as the server is flooded and its hindering to try and peddle it off. As well it keeps things of expense in a free market and up to the people to determine value.

This concept creates price floors as well as price ceilings for items and keeps the market range set. A free market is great and all but experiencing shortages and such in a video game that is not meant to have such a deep economic immersion is not a very desirable trait.

Just want to say that a free market is good in most ways. When we had no structured backbone like 2 3 years ago, diamonds were worth 1 dollar and aw arp was worth 50. Mending books were worth 5. It was a crazy economy, and I can't believe it happened to crash, its one of the reasons why diamonds were set at 50. But the thing is with the slots is it creates players to negotiate with prices, instead of just say its ___ I wont accept anything else. Personally I think the shop is fine, and if we ever did do anything, the shop would only sell.
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023