• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: alwaysariesszn

Reason for your ban: I griefed/stole from several unprotected chests I found a ways from my house 

Who banned you: TrekkieEndermom

Why should you be unbanned: The chests were unprotected so I assumed it was abandoned. But I still stole plain and simple. I would love to come back to the server and play if I am eventually unbanned. I've never griefed or been banned from a server before. I'm sorry. I don't care if I have my stats reset and have to start over I would just enjoy being back on the server and playing. I will keep my head down and won't ruffle any feathers.

Why do you want to come back: I really enjoyed the server very much it was simple and easy to understand because I haven't played on a survival server in awhile. The community seemed very laid back and easy to talk to, as was evident from the chat, even though I simply kept to myself. Thank you for consideration.

Please answer the following questions. I expect at least 2 sentences for each of the questions.

1) If a build looked abandoned, are you allowed to take over, modify, or take anything from it (including contents in the chests)? Why or why not?
2) Similar question to above, but the owner of the build is banned. Are you still allowed? Why or why not?
3) In general, why is stealing wrong and how does it affect other players?
4) What have you learned from this experience?
Developer of AdvancedGift, AdvancedAuction, and several custom HomeTown plugins.
[Image: IvjGhMb.png]

(11-08-2018, 03:56 AM)TrekkieEnderman Wrote: Please answer the following questions. I expect at least 2 sentences for each of the questions.

1) If a build looked abandoned, are you allowed to take over, modify, or take anything from it (including contents in the chests)? Why or why not?
2) Similar question to above, but the owner of the build is banned. Are you still allowed? Why or why not?
3) In general, why is stealing wrong and how does it affect other players?
4) What have you learned from this experience?
(I haven't been able to check this in awhile so I apologize for responding so late)
1) I think no because you don't truly know if it has been abandoned or not. I obviously didn't think about that when I did it. If you truly knew it was abandoned like the owner of the build said so (I'm not sure in what situation that would happen though) then I think someone would be allowed to take from it.
2) I guess not even in that situation should you steal especially if the person who got banned would get access to their build back. If that person was banned for life I would assume then that the build would just be left there untouched.
3) Stealing is wrong because a person worked hard for what they earned and spent hours mining or farming or working to get the things and get where they are. Then someone comes along and takes it from them so they can get the things the easy way without working for it and earning it.
4) I shouldn't have thought it was okay to steal from a build regardless if it was abandoned or not. Even though my skills in minecraft are lacking, I should still work for items like everyone else. I was being an awful and unfair player for taking advantage of someone else's time and effort spent getting those items. I'm apologize for my actions and acting this way.

You have been unbanned. Please turn in any items that you have stolen to staff upon logging back on. Failure to do so will result in rebanning.

Welcome back to Hometown!
Developer of AdvancedGift, AdvancedAuction, and several custom HomeTown plugins.
[Image: IvjGhMb.png]

(11-13-2018, 06:14 AM)TrekkieEnderman Wrote: You have been unbanned. Please turn in any items that you have stolen to staff upon logging back on. Failure to do so will result in rebanning.

Welcome back to Hometown!

Thank you for your time.