• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Derp (Guardian) discriminates against Greenview
(11-15-2018, 12:47 PM)GreenPigeon Wrote:
(11-15-2018, 12:41 PM)MissLuci Wrote: Personally, I quit playing for several days because of Greenview clogging the chat with their two hour town meetings. I'm glad the staff are cracking down on incessant town chat.

If a new chat system was put into play, this would have never been a problem.
You don't get to waltz in like you own the place and demand that we change the system to suit you.

(11-15-2018, 12:54 PM)AmbularD Wrote:
(11-15-2018, 12:41 PM)MissLuci Wrote: Personally, I quit playing for several days because of Greenview clogging the chat with their two hour town meetings. I'm glad the staff are cracking down on incessant town chat.

You don't get to waltz in like you own the place and demand that we change the system to suit you.

1. I didn't "waltz in;" I've been on for around six months now.
2. Never once did I demand anything; I've only suggested it because YOU guys have a problem with "annoying chat."
3. The new system wouldn't just suit me. It would suit nearly everyone on the server.

Things really don't need to be this dramatic. The solution is simple: make a party chat.

I don't see why you guys are so against that? It woyld solve literally every problem you're having here.

And you're not being targeted for having a big town. You're being muted for spamming. Dar had to come in today and ask us to stop talking about gay stuff because it was starting to clog chat, get out of hand, and cause player issues.

Nobody is exempt from the rules.

(11-15-2018, 03:16 PM)Anarchy_Stocking Wrote: Things really don't need to be this dramatic. The solution is simple: make a party chat.

I don't see why you guys are so against that? It woyld solve literally every problem you're having here.

And you're not being targeted for having a big town. You're being muted for spamming. Dar had to come in today and ask us to stop talking about gay stuff because it was starting to clog chat, get out of hand, and cause player issues.

Nobody is exempt from the rules.

This really did have to happen. I myself have never been through one of your guys' meetings but it sounds terrible and communication would probably be hard between regular players. It's simple to keep this in party chat! I also don't know what the problem is. Anyway, moderators, can we get a lock on this discussion?

I'm not a member of the town so idk why you're quoting my bit lol.

I just said that they should keep this to a party chat

Good ole drama, I'm glad I missed it.
Moo?
Free Experience and Gold - /warp pigman, /warp moop
Free Villager Trading Hall - /warp lobster
Free Leather Farm - /warp mooch
Free Mob Farm - /warp mobfarm

(11-15-2018, 02:44 PM)GreenPigeon Wrote:
(11-15-2018, 12:54 PM)AmbularD Wrote:

1. I didn't "waltz in;" I've been on for around six months now.
2. Never once did I demand anything; I've only suggested it because YOU guys have a problem with "annoying chat."
3. The new system wouldn't just suit me. It would suit nearly everyone on the server.

Other staff members and other players have given you a solution to not clog chat, we've told you countless times already that you could create a party chat and go on with your day. 
But you sit here and act like we haven't given you suggestions/other options to prevent clogging up global chat.
As I've said before you can easily invite/remove players from the party chat as needed, there is no limit to how many players can be in a party chat and it's pretty easy to use.

You could host whatever you desire in your town without spamming global chat, staff members are here to help players and it's quite difficult when someone asking for help gets flooded out by talk of Greenview.

You can still invite new players and mention small things about Greenview in global, we have nothing against people advertising their towns every now and then- just not in massive amounts like you previously have been.
[Image: image0.jpg]