• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Derp (Guardian) discriminates against Greenview
Is there a screenshot of this happening, or chat logs?
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

Yes maybe we should party but for real this much hate from almost all guardians is annoying but i will say that i have met some pretty fantastic staff who have been super helpful

Like for real Uberdeathbunny is great and so are others but again some arent

One thing I may comment is that guardians are probably the most active on the server, helping others out, every day they're on trying to help in every way they can, and if one of them was telling you to remove something from chat, it's most likely to prevent controversy or stop chat violations [Edit: or something else in this nature]. In this case, it seems that derp [Edit: and any other staff involved] [were] just trying to stop altercations from happening between other players and your town members. And because the town seems to be big, and if the whole town is talking about politics about the town, it could potentially become spammy. Which is what I think any staff would try and stop. Now, as I don't know the details of the whole situation I would say to try and talk with some of the staff members to see what is allowed and what isn't to prevent this altercation again. Something I always do is try to put myself in others shoes, and think about why they do what they do, and how my own actions affected theirs, now I don't always do this, but just think about what they're trying to prevent and their duty as staff, and just think about how they might respond to things like this! It will help. But, As I don't know the situation, neither do I want to get fully invested in it, everything I've stated is my opinion, it is not fact. I also mean no offense to anyone, or any group, with my words. Once again, thank you for reading!
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

(11-13-2018, 08:56 AM)Anonymouse Wrote: Sorry, but that's a U.S right. It's not a right on the internet, nor is it on the server, if it was we would have people throwing
curses and threats at others left and right. Now, If you want to host politics I do suggest it being in a /party chat so it doesn't message the sixty people who arent in the town (in fact party chat is easier for your town members to see [In fact, I use /party chat to talk to people I need to instead of msging one at a time!). Also, derp isn't discriminating against your town, I've seen derp tell others to do the same! Anyways, Thanks for reading!

I'm referring to him telling me to stop complaining.  It is my right to state my opinion anywhere I choose.  I was not referring to chat on the server!  People curse on the server all the time including Derp.

I was not talking to you. I was talking to another player on at the time, who was spamming chat with his announcements about the "Town election" you guys have going on. If you have any other concerns, I addressed the situation in the other forum thread.
[Image: g2NnfopJTvWZE_YwIlgVCA.png]

(11-13-2018, 07:16 AM)Ender_Muncher Wrote: It is not that *she* "discriminates" against your town, it is that your town is the only active town on the server that holds "town meetings" in public chat and not in a party to keep the chat flood-free, which, to many users, is considered spammy and annoying. She has also said that you are allowed to discuss town politics in chat but if it gets spammy it could flood chat.

Grenview has moved their public meetings into a discord server and they do not discuss politics anymore because of Derp's threats. Derp is not handling this professionally and is making alot of active players unhappy. 

(11-13-2018, 12:07 PM)derpedo Wrote: I was not talking to you. I was talking to another player on at the time, who was spamming chat with his announcements about the "Town election" you guys have going on. If you have any other concerns, I addressed the situation in the other forum thread.

Derp you do realize that there is more than one town holding elections, it isnt just Greenview, we inspired other towns to follow after us. We are changing this server for the better, just because we dont agree with you doesnt mean you get to treat us how you want.
~ND

NoDefiance, you are making this a 'Derp against Greenview' thing which is simply not the case.

Derp didn't treat Greenview with any less respect than she would have treated any other town that has a penchant for flooding chat. Derp doesn't make the rules, no Guardian does, we just try to help in any way we can and if we see that sort of stuff its unpleasant for other players which is all we really are too, players who just want to help others.

I also wouldn't try to take credit for town elections. I've seen them happen in other towns since I first joined the server, long before Greenview was thought of.
“Never be cruel, never be cowardly, and never ever eat pears!”

“Always try to be nice but never fail to be kind!”

“Laugh hard, run fast, be kind... “

Personally, I quit playing for several days because of Greenview clogging the chat with their two hour town meetings. I'm glad the staff are cracking down on incessant town chat.
[Image: n4h33AN.gif]

/warp getoffmahlawn
/warp lucitrees
/warp lucihorse

(11-15-2018, 12:41 PM)MissLuci Wrote: Personally, I quit playing for several days because of Greenview clogging the chat with their two hour town meetings. I'm glad the staff are cracking down on incessant town chat.

If a new chat system was put into play, this would have never been a problem.

(11-15-2018, 12:47 PM)GreenPigeon Wrote:
(11-15-2018, 12:41 PM)MissLuci Wrote: Personally, I quit playing for several days because of Greenview clogging the chat with their two hour town meetings. I'm glad the staff are cracking down on incessant town chat.

If a new chat system was put into play, this would have never been a problem.

There IS a chat system that we have for things like this, it's a /party chat. You can easily invite or remove players if they want to join/leave your town. It is not that difficult to do.
Any other type of chat system would make it feel as if our community is divided- which is not Hometown's goal.
[Image: image0.jpg]