• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Staff Abuse and Rule Change
(11-15-2018, 06:38 AM)NoDefiance Wrote:
(11-15-2018, 06:31 AM)Ender_Muncher Wrote: As was said before by myself and several other players and staff members, there is party chat that you and your members could use to hold your town meetings. When you refused to use party chat, derp *went out of her way* to make a special discord section for you and members of other towns to use, so that you could have meetings.

Derp did that after we already made our own discord, party chat isnt a viable option because of the fact that people can be at other parties so announcing per party that Greenview is having a meeting is a bit of a problem.

(11-15-2018, 06:33 AM)Anonymouse Wrote: Or maybe you should stop before you get muted/banned as you are throwing insults AT the staff and people are being biased against your whole town? Escalating the situation will do you NOTHING. Take that from me.

Oh no I have already left the server, it is a complete disappointment and I will not be returning. The staffs treatment of its players is completely inappropriate for a server that is trying to build a good playerbase. The situation has already escalated this far because staffs handling of the situation was immature and the only way they handled it was with their own interests in mind. This server doesnt not care about its players, only what they want. Most Greenview players are planning on leaving/have already left because of mistreatment. I expect more players will follow suit in the future because it is clear from how this situation was handled that staff will not change their ways. Have a good day.

Quote:Derp:
We are just doing our job as staff. You were told to drop the topic and you didn't, despite warnings. So, we told you that you would receive a mute if you didn't stop. That is not abuse of power. That is our standard protocol. The rulebook itself states that what qualifies as breaking the rules is up to each individual staff member. We do not pick our staff members all willy-nilly, we are very thorough and make sure they are very qualified so we don't get members who abuse their powers. J
Maybe you should read that over. . . It explains the rationale for staffs decision, also "just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's abuse of power."
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023